Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A picture is worth 1000 words.

Wow! Now you have seen the pics. (Below keep scrolling their there,) Something I probably wouldn't have wanted to show a year or 2 ago. Mainly because that person wasn't how I saw myself. I always saw myself as ( I hate to say beautiful but definitely acceptable) I saw myself as you now see me. My husband has always made me feel beautiful. He made me feel as beautiful in 2006 as he does today. I guess I saw myself through his eyes ( or heart). Maybe that is one reason that I didn't mind being fat. Now don't get me wrong. I didn't like being fat I just simply accepted it and honestly I believe being fat has taught me a lot about myself.
You know it is funny my 12 year old who has only seen me as a fat woman looked at my before picture the other day and said,"Wow! Mom you were really fat but at the time that picture was taken but I don't remember thinking you were that fat."Out of the mouths of babes he meant that as a compliment. :) It makes me realize that those who knew me always saw the real me through the layers. Others are just beginning to see me now. Basically they are willing to look deeper and not away. Do you see with your heart or only with your eyes? You know I thought I was writing this blog to help others but I am finding it very therapeutic for myself. God is so Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment