Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, January 12, 2009

This one is for you Mom!

 

This is my Mom surrounded by her hunky grandsons.

My mom is amazing. She is, well maybe it is not appropriate to say her age but I will give you a hint she had me when she was 36 and I am 40 but her birthday isn’t until July so minus 6 months. Whew!

100_0664

Besides being amazing for all the wonderful Mom things she does I have to credit her with after 38 years of trying to get me to watch my diet she finally succeeded. Granted she did it very sneakily by going through my daughter but like I always say you do what works for you!

That isn’t the only reason she is amazing though. This woman lost 50 lbs and has kept it off for almost a year now.

She has very painful arthritis and is very limited on exercise and still she managed to lose all that weight.

Mom and I make food for each other. She makes me  WW pumpkin pie and my lemon dessert. She makes Tif the No Pudge brownies and I make her Taco soup or other meals that I am already making for myself.

I definitely get the better end of the deal. She also will pick up light bread at the outlet and wraps at Meijer's. She lets me know about all the good deals on foods I like, and she is my biggest cheerleader. I think she is probably my biggest blog supporter too. So won’t she be surprised to see herself featured.

The list goes on and on. She is one of my diet buddies. Everyone needs a diet buddy. Someone who encourages you and makes dieting more fun by packing yummy 1 pt snacks when you go to town together, Will split a meal at a restaurant with or go to one of the four places you trust yourself to eat out at for the last 2 years. (Subway, Wendy’s, Banditos and Flat Top) I have been blessed with numerous diet buddies and for that I am thankful!

If you don’t have one believe me it is not hard to find someone who wants to eat better and exercise more. Also don’t forget your Mom, they are some of the best diet buddies I know.

( I hope Tiff would agree with that sometimes I think she refers to me as her diet nag! ) Oh well, Maybe when she’s 40. :)

Oops! Don’t want to forget the girls!

100_0668

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the guys definately out number the girls! I would agree with you, your mom is an amazing woman!
    catrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Dorothy Louise!!!

    I love you,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a tribute! Imagine my surprise when I checked your blog this morning!!! I feel loved, appreciated, honored, grateful, humbled, blest and I cannot express enough. But, it works both ways, you are an encourager to me. Good advice to have a diet buddy to help keep you accountable. This is just as true to maintain. Susie, you are doing an amazing job with your blog and the pictures make it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say how much the boys outnumbered the girls too, but Catrina beat me to it. It is almost impossible to find a diet buddy so that's awesome to have so much support. I shouldn't say diet, that's a bad word, but healthy lifestyle advocate sounds better. Everywhere we go we are surrounded with food and what a sin if we offer something healthy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have more trouble finding a friend who isn't dieting to give all my non-diet food to! :)
    Grandma is amazing and inspiring - in more ways than just dieting!
    I'm disappointed that the grandsons got "hunky" and the girls didn't get any positive adjective. a few suggestions would be beautiful, amazing, dazzling, etc... i'll let you choose. ;)

    ReplyDelete