Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time To Get Started

The other day I was at the License Branch. When I was asked to show my Driver's License, the lady behind the counter looked at my pic then at me then at my pic and exclaimed "Have you lost like 5000 lbs or what?" I get this reaction a lot ( Well not the 5000 lb thing) Another one I have heard is " Hey where did you go? ( This one actullay happened at school when I was subbing and I actually answered " I just went to the office" I take things very literally.)or What happened to the rest of you?" By the time I left the License branch I had been asked numerous questions about how I did it by 3 of the ladies, actually for about 10 minutes I felt like I was being interviewed by a panel. (They weren't very busy)Troy my 15 year old was extremely patient even after they said he couldn't get his permit till the end of January. The next time this happens I can just give them my blog address and hopefully I will have enough posted that I won't be jotting down helpful websites and giving my life history all the time.
So if your reading this and want to lose some weight today is the day to get started. Two years ago on January 3 I only agreed to one day of trying to diet, then the next day another, and another and another. My Mom and daughter had joined Weight Watchers and I agreed to try to follow the flex points plan with them. I did this for my daughter because I didn't think she would do it herself. I established how many points I was allowed and then I figured out how to get the most food I could for the number of points I was allowed. The big thing is to write down what you eat. That might actually be a good place to start today. I am sure you will be surprised at what is on the paper at the end of the day. Make sure you know how much of everything you are eating is also. Did you know that a cereal bowl full is about 3 servings not 1? For 3 weeks I never truly committed I just went a day at a time. Then after this time I decided it was time to weigh in ( That is right I never weighed up till this point It would have probably been longer if my friend hadn't convinced me it was time so I could see how well I was doing) So today make a plan I recommend Weight Watchers even if it is for a month to get started. I actually have never attended a meeting but I read all of my daughters literature. By the way she lost over 40 lbs and has kept it off and my Mom lost 50 and has kept it off. I have a friend who counts calories and that works for her. Basically you need a food plan that makes you look at what and how much you eat. If you don't think you can do it just do it for today. We will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment