Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Plateaus

For the last month I have been at a plateau. I hate  really dislike plateaus!

A plateau is when you just can’t seem to see the scale go downward even when your still doing everything right.

Now I admit over Christmas I may have been a little generous with my points but all in all I did okay. At least I didn’t gain a bunch.

But since then I have really buckled down and no recordable results have been seen… until this week.

Yes that tiny little needle is finally going down or should I say not going as high. Weight loss seems to take so long!

The more weight I lose, the more I plateau. The sad thing is when you plateau the first thing you want to do is quit and go eat something bad!

I’ll show that old scale!

Don’t do it!

Just be patient keep on keeping on and eventually the needle will move! ( hopefully downward )

Plus if your exercising you may be gaining muscle and that doesn’t show up on the scale.

I have already lost inches but not actual weight!

So don’t be discouraged by the lack of instant results, just reassess, make sure your counting your food and portions correctly and keep up the good work!

Sometimes I find myself getting into a food rut by eating the same foods over and over because I like them and they are easy to count.

It might be time to just change your food up a little, this has helped me in the past.

If you can’t handle not seeing the results and it makes you discouraged don’t weigh everyday. In fact most experts will tell you only to weigh once a week!

I am way too optimistic for this because I am always sure that it will show a loss so I weigh more often than that.

That is probably why I talk to my scale!

“You have got to be kidding!“

“You Lie!”

“Are you broke?”

ARRRGGGHHH!!!”

But today we were friends!

I was more like…

“Finally!”

“yes!"

So the moral of this little tale is…

Don’t be discouraged!, Don’t give up!,

It may take a few weeks to work through a plateau but eventually you will and you and your scale will be in perfect harmony again!

000_0284_edited-1

Wishful thinking! Too bad I have to add the other foot!

 

4 comments:

  1. What a great post Susie, so true. The scale at the end made me laugh that I forgot what I was going to say about the rest of the post. Anyway, I find it so much easier to agree and encourage, but not live it out. My exercising is great right now, hence, maybe why the scale is creeping up-arrrgghhhh! My eating is still not so good, hence the empty bag of chocolate chips in 24 hours, or the sugar creme pie all gone in one night. Baby steps, gotta focus on baby steps. Thanks though for the encouragement. You are a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being pregnant...but really hate to weigh myself while pregnant. It seems to me that since I already had weight to lose, I shouldn't gain as much, but so far that has proven wrong. I guess I'll just keep trying and see what happens in 5 months:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. Julie got me connected with your blog and now I'm a loyal reader. We've never met, but I can "hear" your personality shine through your postings. I appreciate your humor, honesty, and willingness to share your experiences and knowledge with us. Keep up the awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to hear that soooo bad! Thanks, Susie - it's been one of those weeks for me. BLAH! Your post was VERY encouraging and gives me new resolve!

    ReplyDelete