Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

All the wonderful things a wrap can do!

christmas 2008 083

These are the wraps I buy. I can only find them at Meijers in Fort Wayne and half of the time they are out of the 98% Fat Free kind. So when they have them I stock up. They freeze great, as a matter a fact they come apart better after they have been frozen!

Why do I love these wraps you may ask?

Because they have 60 calories per wrap, 1 gram of fat, and 6 grams of fiber. This translates into 0 WW points! That’s right no points!

Basically on the Weight Watchers plan the more fiber and the less fat you eat means the more actual food you get to consume. Yeah! I am all about that.

Just because they are free doesn’t mean you can eat the whole package and not count them. As with all the free food ( except your free veggies) I usually count 1/2 a point per free item unless I truly only eat 1 or 2 “free” foods a day.

So what can you do with wraps…

1.  Turkey Wrap- Turkey ( 1 serving) and lettuce w/ FF miracle whip. ( heavy on the lettuce) 1 1/2 pts

2.  Warm Turkey Wraps-Mesquite turkey w/ ff free American cheese slice, onions and red pepper slices. Heat in the microwave before eating. 2pts

3.  Breakfast wraps-Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a skillet then scramble 3 egg whites into them. You can also add a little ham and fat free cheese. heat a little and you have 2 great breakfast burritos. One for now one for later. These can also be frozen. Egg beaters also work. I just prefer the whites. 2-3 pts depending on how much cheese and ham you add. You can also add salsa

I really like to buy the Oscar Mayer mesquite turkey, honey turkey and honey ham. They are already sliced thin and 1 serving is only 1 pt. They come in a nine ounce container in the cold meat section.

4.  Enchilada Casserole

BEEF ENCHILADAS CASSEROLE

2 lb 94% ground beef

1 (1.5 oz) pkg dry enchilada sauce mix

½ c chopped onions

1 (10 ½ oz) can FF cream of mushroom soup

3/4 c water

2 Tbsp chopped green chilies

1 (16 oz) tomato sauce

8 to 10 (7 inch) 0 or 1 pt. tortilla wraps

2½ c Kraft Free shredded Cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet; drain off fat. Stir in soup, tomato sauce, seasoning, water and green chilies. Simmer 15 minutes. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Spread a couple spoonfuls of mixture on bottom of pan (just lightly to cover bottom of pan).Place 3 tablespoons of cheese in each tortilla along with about 1 to 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Roll tightly and place in pan. Cover enchiladas with remaining meat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and heat until cheese is melted. Cut into 12 equal servings.

They are really generous portions and you can still top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, FF Sour Cream and salsa. Serves 12 = 4.5 pt ea.

5. Personal Pizzas (really thin crust)

S5030151

.

1 wrap-free or 1/2 pt

pizza sauce- usually free

1 serving Oscar Mayer honey ham ( I like mesquite turkey too- 1 pt

mozzarella cheese 28 grams or 1/4 cup –usually 2pts check the nutrition label most are 2 some are 3 pts

peppers, mushrooms and onions- FREE

total pizza = 3 1/2 pts

I like to do a BBQ ham and pineapple too.

**For a thicker crust Pizza use pita Bread

If you make the pizzas with a low fat round pita bread add 2pts for a 5 pt pizza.

The pita pizzas freeze well after they are baked.

6. Cinnamon chips

S5030156

spray wrap with a margarine spray.

I like the Parkay spray in the blue bottle then top with cinnamon and splenda mixture. I mix some and just keep it in an old spice shaker. Cut in strips or triangles. Microwave for 1 min 15 seconds let cool and they will harden.

This is great with fruit or by itself.

**Don’t cut it, microwave for 50 secs and pretend your eating an elephant ear. This tactic worked great during to street fair! :)

7. Regular chips

Did you know most salsa is a free food?

It is the chips that kill you! Sometimes I use the baked scoops but they are still 2 pts for 14 chips.

When I need a cheap ( point ) snack ( besides broccoli ) this is what I fix.

S5030164 

YUM! -NO points

 

S5030162

Tadd was trying to help me be more creative with my pics. ( At least I think he was trying to help )

Cut the wrap into 6 strips and microwave for 1 min 15 secs. Cut strips into 3 more pieces each after they are out of microwave then allow to cool and harden for a minute or two.

I realize that by posting this post I may have even a harder time finding these wraps! IF you can’t find these their are others that come close you just have to look.

Sometimes I find wraps in the frig section, these I find in the Mexican aisle and others are by the bread!

Good luck and enjoy!

 

7 comments:

  1. Susie, Your enchilada recipe is the same that I use- only I never thought about lowering the fat! I will have to tweak the recipe to make it healthier... I love that recipe. Your posting the recipes is a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe ideas...it really is a lot easier for me if you do all the work on counting points:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is right up my alley, please keep it up!! And, of course you can add me to your blog roll. I just had a terrible night of eating after trying to be good all week. Now the day is almost done, thankfully, and I have to choose to wake up tomorrow fresh and start again. Maybe we should start a tortilla delivery service. I never make it up to Fort Wayne anymore. Kroger might have something more than Walmart, I'll have to check there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED your Elephant Ear idea!! I may have to call you next year - I go CRAZY with fair food! :)

    Thanks again - such interesting posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suz,

    Great ideas, it is fun to read about all of your creativity. I think you and Grandma should write a cookbook.

    love,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. susie,
    this is great! thanks!
    keep up the good work.
    catrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seems like all my fave "diet" foods are sold out at the grocery right now. Mom pointed out that it's probably all the new year resolution people... i'll see if i can find those wraps around here! thanks for all the helpful tips. And thanks to Tadd for the creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete