Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day One Again

Well today is the day again. No matter how you did yesterday it is over so don't worry about it. Today is a new day you just have to make it through today. People have always asked me, How do you do it? I can honestly say "One day at a time." Today is a new day for me also I just have to make it through till I go to bed tonight. At some point I may just have to make it through a couple hours. 3:00 to 5:00 are always a super hungry time for me so for those few hours I have to really distract myself. Unfortunately, it is also a time that I am usually in the kitchen making supper or visiting with my kids after school who you guessed it, are snacking.
I like to keep already prepared snacks in the frig for me that are easy to grab. I love brocolli so I usually cook up a bunch and put it in individual 1 cup containers and keep it in the frig. Brocolli is a free food for me so it is a perfect snack. If I still feel the need for something sweet I can have it after the brocolli. This is also a great time to drink your water. IT is a great filler.
Two items you may want to consider buying are a kitchen scale. Mine is digital with both grams and ounces. I bought it at Target fo $30 and it is worth every penny.
Also one cup containers and lids. I went to GFS and bought the kind that a deli would put their salads in. They are very inexpensive and I use them in the dishwasher and the microwave. I think you get 50 in a pack. You will use them.
Dieting and eating healthy is expensive but you can save a lot of money by making your own ready made meals and snacks.
Last night I made Chop Suey for the family. After supper I measured 1/3 cup rice and a heaping 1/2 cup of Chop Suey in my handy little containers so now Tiff and I have 6 ready meals to eat when the hunger strikes. She took one for lunch today. At the most it is worth 3 WW points.
This morning I plan on making sugar free strawberry jello and putting it 5 seperate containers. It will only be half full. They are another free snack. When I pull them out to eat them I will dollop a little Free Cool Whip on top and it makes a snack that satisfies my sweet tooth.
A few grocery items you may want to consider buying are:
94% fat free popcorn 3-4pts a big bag depending how many cups of popped popcorn are actually in the bag
Fat Free jello chocolate pudding snacks ( in the frig section) 1 pt
I put Cool whip on these too. This snack satisfies my chocolate need.
Free cool whip no pts unless you use more than a serving
Fiber one Original Cereal ( I like to snack on it) no pts per serving
Breyer's Free ice cream 1 pt per 1/2 cup for most flavors My favorite is the french chocolate.
I also like the vanilla. Add some diet AW rootbeer to your 1/2 cup and you have a 1pt float treat.
spray on margarine You will need it for all those veggies.
Some kind o
f light bread I like Aunt Millies potato, or wheat or 5 grain the best. You can buy them at an outlet for 70 cents. Only 35 calories for a slice. You can eat 2 slices of light bread compared to one slice of regular bread,
You will notice I listed a lot of snacks and carbs because your body will be craving these. You will feel like your indulging when your still being good.
Oh one more thing The snack size plain M&Ms 2 pts per package. Eat only 1 package and make it last 1 M&M at a time.
Sorry this post got so lengthy I have so much to share.
Quick humbling story:
Yesterday I told you how it took me 3 weeks to weigh. One of the reasons is because my scale didn't go heavy enough. It topped out at 260 lbs. I had to go to Walmart and step on scales till I found one that would weigh all of me. Can you imagine me standing in the aisle trying to step on scales discreetly when no one was looking. It was humbling at the time but I wasn't ashamed. It was something I had to do that day and I did it. My weight wasn't who I was it was just the state I was in. Don't let your body size define you. Don't let the scale tell you who you are. It can only tell you how much you weigh not what is in your heart and soul. God sees you through your layers and he loves you!

12 comments:

  1. You are SUCH an encouragement, Susie!! Thanks for the great tips! Although, I don't know HOW you can eat brocolli for a snack! It would be a punishment for me :)

    Thanks for your honesty...it takes a special person to be THIS real.

    Enjoying your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog!! Keep posting.

    Klint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Like Sarah said...so encouraging! I feel like learning all of the point values and everything is very overwhelming, but you seem to have it down pat! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz - reading this blog brought tears to my eyes. i'm so glad you are sharing your journey with us. I'm sure most of us could use some of your tips. you are a wealth of knowledge! your before and after pics blew me away. I was a little like Tyler in that I don't really remember that about you and was shocked to see Christmas 2006. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, I am encouraged by reading your blog, as I am sure many others who read it are too! We ALL have a story to share, but we must be WILLING to share it!:) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come here from Pam's mention of you to me in an email. I've only briefly read and you give some great suggestions for snacks. You have done an amazing job at losing weight. Your picture is awesome. I can imagine how good you feel about yourself. You are a great encouragement and inspiration.

    I'll be back but have to run right now. Visit me any time.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie, I am going to enjoy reading your blog!! You are such an inspiration to others- I am glad you are doing this. This pictures are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie, I just discovered your blog... thanks so much for sharing. We are a big WW family too. For another snack thats good is the reduced fat graham crackers and cool whip then a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup on top of it, then freeze them. When they come out, they totally taste like ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susie, i also just found your blog! I am so amazed at your motivation and self control! Thanks for blogging about your life--it is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, and i forgot to mention--you look absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suz,

    I am so thankful you are willing to share this part of your life. It is definitely an incredible glory to God.

    love,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am already LOVING your blog. I have a huge passion eating and exercising and know your blog will help inspire me and others as I am a huge roller coaster when it comes to these topics. Your comment about take one day at a time is great. Thanks.

    Can I put you on my blog roll?

    ReplyDelete