Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Unmotivated Monday Turn Around

 

I actually started this post this morning at 11:15. I wrote 2 very pathetic paragraphs about all I had planned to do and how I still hadn’t even got started yet. I was still in my warm, comfy jammies and hadn’t even exercised. ( Nope, still not a habit ).

You see Mondays for me are usually very unmotivated. I wish I could sub every Monday because I usually don’t accomplish much at home.

Last night though I had big plans; do wash, a big fantastic meal for my family, a quick house pick up, a quick trip to Troyer’s Market, enthusiastic exercise, and maybe a little time to finish my library book. Oh, and lets not forget the blog!

So at 11:22 this morning when I read over my blog and realized there was really no reason for my whinny story, no quirky antidote,  no lessoned learned and on top of everything it was oh soooooo BORING!

I decided then and there it was not to late for a turn around. I was accepting another unmotivated Monday without even really trying.

I do this a lot! It really doesn’t even occur to me sometimes. I am very accepting of my shortcomings.

But today was different. At 11:23 I decided the day was not going to be a complete wash, I could still accomplish much and I wasn’t going to blog or read until I had something to show for my day.

I exercised ( almost enthusiastically), I went to Troyers, kind of picked up my house, made a great supper ( even dessert), cleaned the frig out, fed the dog and cats, washed, dried and even folded clothes. Oh, I did shower and get dressed too. :)

It is never too late to make a complete turn around. I do it all the time with my eating and exercising. If I mess up during the day I just stop and reassess and start over. Guess what it worked for this unmotivated Monday too.

Today I said hello to someone and asked them the standard, “How are you?” Most people just answer fine and go on but he answered, “I am very Blessed”

It made me smile then and it makes me smile just thinking about it. It is an answer we can all use but how many of us actually do.

We at some point in our life made a complete turn around from the sinful nature we were born into and turned are hearts and lives to God and the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Redeemer.

If your reading this blog and you haven’t it is not to late for a complete turn around. Jesus is there for you 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week and this is the biggest blessing of all!

I realize I have been all over today in my thoughts so please bear with me!

It is still Monday!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I experience the "unmotivated Monday" ALL the time! Even on other days of the week!:) Thanks for the example, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advise, Susie.

    Klint told me this morning, "I read Susie's blog, and it motivated me to get a lot done at work today."

    I am supposed to check in with him tonight when he comes home and see how he did :)

    I am feeling an unmotivated Tuesday coming...better get going :)

    ReplyDelete