Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, January 9, 2009

It’s your choice!

Everyday we make choices. What to wear, Where to go, When to get out of bed, Exercise, Prayer, Devotions and the list goes on. We also decide what we will eat as the day goes on.

Here are some pics and point values.

I choose what I want to eat every day. But when the points are gone they are GONE and I had better quit eating!

Some days I am more about quantity and some days I’m about quality. Actually most days I am about quantity but on the rare day I am too busy to eat and have extra points I may choose a food that normally I would classify as NOT WORTH IT!

Since I wanted to practice on placing pics on the blog I have decided to illustrate what I am talking about.

By the way my Kids think I am loosing it. Now… I am taking pictures of food! What’s next?

S5030146-1  3 Oreos = 4 pts

 

S5030147

24 Mike and Ikes = 3 pts ( someone in our house ate all the reds and pinks)

S5030148

30 grams of almonds roughly 23 =  4 pts

 

S5030143-1

My lunch, 1/3 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of Chop Suey and 1 cup of broccoli. This is equal to 3-4 pts. depending on how much soy sauce I actually dumped on.

I picked the big plate of food but I compromised by eating 3 almonds and 5 Mike and Ikes. You have to do what works for you. An Oreo just didn’t seem worth it.

S5030144-1

The food in the 2 containers are = to the amount of food on the plate but for some reason I feel like I am eating more when I dump it on the plate. I think it is a mind game.

But really when you think about dieting is sort of a mind game as well! I am constantly telling myself things like…

“You’re not hungry,”

“It’s not worth it, “

“Your gonna have to run 2 miles to get rid of that.”

Yes, I talk to myself.

Big surprise!

Hey you have to do what works for you!

I believe the biggest key though is asking the Lord for help through each day. If HE knows how many hairs are on our head I am sure he cares enough to give us Grace and Strength for each day. All you have to do is ask!

I do!

3 comments:

  1. SusieQ! I am so proud of you! Keep up the great encouraging posts! You (and mom, and Tiffani!) have been such inspirations to me! Wow, my little sis...very disciplined to have better health and bringing others alongside.
    One of your biggest fans,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz,

    I love that the pictures show such a drastic difference! I would choose the chop suey anyday!
    love,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures look great! My kids think I am crazy too! I was just telling my kids at dinner that they make great blog material (as I snapped away at the dinner table!) See my MONDAY post for the pictures! LOL!

    ReplyDelete