Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Running Free ( Pretty Catchy Huh?)

 

I ran

Yep, I actually ran. Or should I say jiggle jog, a  term I am borrowing from Jamie R.

Because when I think of running I picture at least a little bit of speed.

I think if I had an audience it would have looked like slow motion, kind of like when the Bionic woman runs. Only not nearly as cool!

Who is the Bionic Woman you ask?

One of my favorite shows from the seventies, if your truly interested you can borrow my DVD’s.

If you have never heard of it I realize I am getting old, so no one has to tell me. :) Oh but I am getting away from my story. (shocking)

I didn’t run quite the whole 2 miles I walked at least 1/2 a mile.

But on the way home I ran the entire last mile.

Now maybe it was because I knew I would be toast if I wasn’t on time for a wedding on Saturday.

Yep I procrastinated till 1:50 an I had to be ready by 3:00. Or otherwise face the wrath of Tim. But still I ran. I was either incredibly fearless or incredibly stubborn. And lets face it, I am really not afraid of Tim! So I must be just be stubborn!

And even though I am not afraid of him, I didn’t want to be disrespectful of him since he was quitting early outside to go to the wedding with me. Me being late would not have been a good thing.

So that was a huge incentive to go a little faster.

And Saturday was a beautiful day and I wanted to see how I would do running outside.

Now remember I am truly not a running enthusiast.

Nor am I doing this to impress anyone but myself.

It is just that for the longest time this wasn’t even an option or a possibility for me.

Now it is!

And that my friends, is so incredibly freeing!

So for that 25 minutes I felt free.

Now I have to be totally honest.

I didn’t commit to run as much as I did.

I told myself I will just run to the bridge.

Then I got to the bridge and I told myself I would just run to the corner.

Then I got to the corner and I told myself I am going to make it home.

And I did! All sweaty and out of breath but feeling incredibly triumphant.

Now I know it really wasn’t that far

and it really wasn’t that fast

And I did actually stop and talk to a neighbor who was mowing her yard. ( Before the last mile of course )

But for just a few minutes I realized if I could do that I can do more.

It also made me realize this is how I eat.

I tell myself I have to be good till lunch, Then I have to good till 3:00, Then the toughest time for me is 3:00 till 6:00. Then I just have to make it till bedtime.

There are some nights I would have been a lot better off if I had just went to bed at 6:00. :)

It does seem sad that I have to constantly be making little deals with myself but hey that is what works for me.

For my friend she will call me in the morning and tell me to check on her that night and if she went out of her points and didn't exercise she will owe me $10.

Guess what? I have never gotten a cent.

That works for her!

We all have to find that little niche of  what works for each of us personally.

And if you see me in town running errands from 3:00 to 6:00 you will know I had to get out of the house and totally away from food. This is another one of my little tricks, sometimes even my little pep talks to myself aren’t enough.

Now I realize this post is getting rather lengthy so I need to sum it up…

I made it ready for the wedding by 2:57.

I plan on running again with my goal of running a complete 2 miles even if I have to do it one telephone pole at a time.

So far today I am doing great on my eating. (I know it is only 10:00 but hey 3.5 hours down only 12 or 13 more to go)

I plan on marking some of my large clothes to sell at a garage sale in less than 2 weeks.

I have held onto them far to long already.

I have decided that I will not need again. This is incredibly freeing but really scary for me.

I still don’t trust myself!

So I am still keeping one size up. (Baby Steps)

And now I am off to tackle Mount Everest other wise known as my Laundry room!

Sorry I was a little all over today it is just how my brain works some days.  Okay a lot of days! :)

One last thing for any of you who actually made it through this entire post…

Tim thinks it is pretty sad that I had to comment on my own post title (for review Running Free,pretty catchy Huh?) I thought it was kind of funny. What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. Great post Susie--way to go!! Keep up the good work! I thought the title was really cute! Have a great day!! julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a hoot, you could type for hours and I would still read it. Great job on the running, you are so far ahead of most! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment to run even 1 mile!! You are way ahead of me, that is for sure!!! I was just sitting here thinking I really want one of those 4-H candy bars.... thinking also that maybe Susie will have posted some 'wisdom'... wow, thanks! I think that maybe I can make it just until (maybe) bedtime without the chocolate... You are a great motivator! Thanks-

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how my brain works too, I mean thinking 'ok-to the next telephone pole, and then to the next. . . . '. Baby steps-I like that! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome on the running, Suz! Before you know it you'll hit that second mile and then you'll be on your way to the third! I always feel like I'm on cloud 9 after I get done running further than intended. An iPod or some kind of distraction helps with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Susie...great title too:) I am always excited to read what you post and you never ever disappoint me:) thanks for the great advice and pep talk too:)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to type so much, but the real message I wanted to leave is plain and simple - YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I am SO NOT a runner. In fact, I hate it! I can walk and walk and walk, but NO running! So therefore, I am impressed!

    Jessica (n)

    ReplyDelete