Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Out With The Old

 

I am a pack Rat!

Okay I admitted it so know hopefully I can be on the road to recovery.

Sadly I have admitted this a lot over the years and still I am a pack rat.

But I am taking the plunge and am getting rid of most of my way too big clothes that have been sitting in bags for over a year and half now.

I am talking a lot of clothes!!!!

Probably a good 15 years worth. Hey! I told you I was a pack rat!

They are actually pretty cute.

They are just too Big!

I am definitely seeing a theme as I have been marking and marking and marking!

I took that Black is slenderizing too heart.

I mean I have/had a lot of black.

Like at least 5 black skirts and counting. Not to mention the stretch pants, capris and shorts.

( I am not through all the bags yet )

I am also one of those people that if I like one shirt I buy it in numerous colors!

A habit I am really trying to break.

I actually think this is in my genes.

Or maybe it is because if something fit nice and was comfortable I would just buy 2 or 3 more because I might never find another shirt I liked as well as this one.

This is a hard mental pattern to break.

I mean it is all new me to be able to go into a store and not be limited on what is available.

But how do you pick just one color of the really cute shirt that fits you just right?

Okay confession time just last month I bought 2 shirts the same…..black and brown.

My favorite slimming colors, plus they were on sale!

But good news!

I didn’t buy them together.

I bought the brown one first.

Then a week later had my Mom pick up the black one. (Which Tiff is now claiming) So maybe I will just call it hers and borrow it from time to time.

Whew! I feel better now! Baby Steps!

Wow I really got a way from the issue here.

Actually I can’t remember the issue.

I guess there is really no issue except it is time for me to get rid of my crutch, my safety net, my just in case and really commit to never needing those clothes again!

Confession #2 I kept one size up.

I am only human! But it is not a big net or a big crutch. Maybe next year one size up will go too.  :)

Baby Steps!

Well back to marking who knows how many more black skirts I will find…

5 comments:

  1. Wow, just think about all the room you will have for new clothes!!! It is such a good feeling to get rid of stuff sometimes, isn't it? Good for you- getting rid of the 'big' clothes-- that is a step in the right direction!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie,

    I am with you on the "keeping one size up" thing! I gained a lot of weight after Carter was born and have since lost 2 sizes...But it is still hard for me to get rid of that one size up! Maybe someday...

    Jessica (n)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Susie--Keep up the great work. Sometimes cleaning out takes more motivation than exercise. Now since you have all this empty space in your closet and drawers---sounds like you need a shopping trip!! Yea-- julie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Susie....I am sooooo PROUD of you.

    You are such an encouragment to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, I love reading your blog! You are so funny! And I know I've told you this before, but I really appreciate your honesty. It takes guts to tell the blogging world stuff, and I admire you:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete