Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It was bound to happen someday…

 

 

image 

barbie

Looks like somebody didn’t figure out her daily caloric needs! Thanks Catrina for the cute Pic!

Now I hope this pic didn’t offend anyone.

I actually can relate to the 2nd pic. Not the first mind you but definitely the 2nd!

It takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound.

That means you have to somewhere get rid of 3500 extra calories to lose just 1 pound!

You only have 2 options….

Cut back on your eating or you have to exercise.

The combination of the 2 is really the best solution.

I have figured that to lose the 165 pounds that I have shed in the last 2 years I had to get rid of a whopping 577,500 calories.

That is close to 800 calories a day for 2 years that I had to get rid of!

But the shocking thing for me is the fact that over the 15 years I put on the weight I only had to eat an extra 105 calories a day. This is not very hard to do.

That isn’t even a can of pop, or 2 oreos, or a snack pack, or a candy bar or an extra dump of cereal in the morning… the list goes on and on!

It made me realize that none of us are safe from putting on a lot of extra weight. It can happen to any of us. With just a few extra calories a day over time it can just sneak up on us.

That is why it is so important to know how many calories a day you need. Next is know where your at on your weight ( without becoming obsessive ) So you don’t have to lose a 6 digit caloric figure.

If your interested you can go to this web site and find out what your calorie needs are…http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

If your interested in how many calories you burn during exercise just Google calories burned calculator and it will bring you up lots of options!

Oh and as for Barbie I’d say she has been avoiding the scale for a while now. ( Been there, done that ) I estimate that she is going to have to get rid of at least 250,000 calories to get back into her bikini.

Who knows maybe she will meet fitness Ken and will shave those calories off in no time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Susie -
    What a powerful, thought provoking post. I knew the calorie information and was like "yeah yeah yeah" while I read the first part, and then BAM the true honest slap of reality that your personal calculations brought front and center. There is NO denying the numbers. This post will be in my mind as I stop saying, "it's just a candy bar . . . today, and a piece of cake tomorrow." It all has an impact on the bottom line - calories in/calories out. Thanks for the sobering dose of reality. Congratulations on buring 577,500 calories in 2 years. You are amazing! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete