Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

In case you’re wondering

 

You know you can plan and you can idealize how you think things will go but really you can’t control it.

Today was the day I gave my little talk on living a healthy lifestyle.

You know the talk I was stressing over last week.

I was worried I wouldn’t be able to talk long enough.

Turns out that was not a problem!  :)

I know most of you who know me probably aren’t shocked.

For those of you who weren’t there let me tell you how my morning started out.

For those of you who were there I apologize for the repeat.

Here is the Blogger condensed version…

I had in my mind I would get up early do my 4 fast miles workout, Sit in my favorite chair read, pray and have a quiet time to reflect. Then plenty of time to get ready no hurries or worries.

What actually happened…

Stayed in bed 30 extra minutes

2 sons up wanting to eat

Had to throw on clothes from dirty wash to explain to drivers ed teacher who was sitting in my driveway that 15 year old son was sitting at school with my hubby waiting for him.

Turned around for my quick escape only to realize that I was locked out of house.

Ran around to garage, lucked out because hubby left the door opened.

Realized that dog had 1st accident ever in garage.

I did get a fast 2 mile workout and a quick meditation in though before the craziness started.

Through all this I had to smile.

Why you ask?

Because I didn’t worry or stress about my talk the entire morning until I actually got there. (No Time)

God knew what I needed even if I didn’t.

Who says God doesn’t have a sense of Humor!

Plus it gave me a great opener for my morning talk, a little detail I was stressing about.

I’ve said it before and I am sure I’ll say it again.

God is good!

Well I am off to sweep the house, maybe I’ll even burn a few extra calories.

Not usually my Saturday job but I made a trade with my youngest son…

I sweep, he cleans up the little “dog accident”

Oh and in case you were wondering…

I think my talk went Okay, there were some things I shared that weren’t in the “plan” and a lot more that I could have shared. I enjoyed it and I hope the ladies there did too. It ‘s dangerous to give me a mic.

Plus the 3 ladies who spoke after me were great!

The planning committee and lunch committee did an amazing job!

In case I didn’t get to you…

Thanks so much for all you did!

I feel very blessed to be a part of the day!

6 comments:

  1. Susie, your talk was wonderful - I am so glad I was there. The whole morning was wonderful - I ended up missing my shower I was supposed to go to because I just couldn't leave:) Thanks so much. Again, I can't say how great you did!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie...I think you did an amazing job!! I really wasn't planning coming, but then I heard that you were one of the speakers and decided that it would totally be worth not cleaning to come:) Thanks to you and all the other ladies...it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have listened to you all day Susie. Does that mean you want to do part 2 next year? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you described your talk as 'okay'. It was soooo amazing!

    I agree with Jamie. I could have listened all day too. You were informative and interesting -not to mention HILARIOUS!

    After the Virtuous Women day, Klint and I went to Indy for an Insurance banquet. Guess what the dessert was? Yep, Cheesecake!!! Uhg. It was probably the best cheesecake I've ever had. Don't worry, it was smaller than the Cheesecake Factory and I didn't eat all of it...so I don't think it was 72 grams of fat. Maybe more like 30. Yikes!

    God bless you Susie for being used to inspire (and motivate) us!!

    Sarah

    P.S. I'll never like brocolli. Don't care HOW much energy it gives me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susie for speaking Saturday! I thought your talk was so good...so much information and shocking facts. And I have to agree, I could've listened all day. I'm just thankful we didn't have cheesecake for dessert...we would've had a lot to take home and EAT! You are such an easy person to listen to and you are Hilarious!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz - glad all went well (love the story of your morning!) I missed you on Saturday evening but it was good to see Tiff and grandma.

    BTW - you would be proud. the other day i was sitting in class CRAVING broccoli. I was anxious to go home and make some. that has definitely never happened to me before and i will be shocked if it happens again in my life. haha... also, i LOVE cheesecake and think it's worth the calories and fat some days. you're probably not proud of me for that. what can i say?

    love ya,
    kris

    ReplyDelete