Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some tips from my readers!

 

Wow, I love saying that it makes me sound so popular! HA

I had some great comments from yesterday.

(5 actually and three were from my loyal Niece Kris)

So don’t worry I am not getting a big head!

But they had some great suggestions and remarks!

Now I am not sure everyone out there is like me and reads my comments over and over ( slow day)

So I thought I would just recap them

Their comments are in yellow ( Very technical, I know)

Vanessa said…Wow! I can't believe the Cheesecake Factory's menu! The best thing on the Specialty Desserts menu is a Goblet of Fresh Strawberries (108cal)...who goes to the Cheesecake Factory to just order strawberries!!!??? Crazy...

I Agree Crazy!

Although I might do it just to be able to eat something with my friends. Who am I kidding I would probably buckle and beg for bites!!

I hope I am never put into that position because it would probably kill really disturb me to order strawberries, even in a goblet, (I love eating out of fancy things) while they are all eating cheesecake not to mention the price is probably ridiculous.

Also please note that when I looked a little closer I realized that the nutrition facts only state saturated fat grams not total fat grams. Very tricky!

Kristen commented three times! YEAH!

recap…

Hey, I found a great new low calorie bread for sandwiches. Try Arnold's Sandwich Thins. They are like a thin bun and are 100 calories each. I'm pretty sure they are only one point b/c they have plenty of fiber. Great for hamburger bun alternatives and I've been using them for my turkey sandwich lunch. I love them because I hate eating a sandwich with only one piece of bread. This way I get a top and bottom to my sandwich for the calories that are normally in one slice! They don't necessarily fit in the cheap category, but watch for them to go on sale...

I found them at Kroger and SuperTarget in the bread aisle. They were a little hard to find b/c they were picked over at Kroger and on the top shelf, but totally worth the hunt. I also used them to make mini pizzas the other night with 2% cheese. yum... I've tried the multi-grain and just bought the whole wheat to try next.

Kris I actually tried these. They are great! I agree a little pricey so I would definitely hide them from the boys! I think Wal-mart has them too sometimes in front of their Deli.

Also Kris gave me this cool website http://www.iateapie.net/food/ 

It has reviews on healthy food that include price in the ratings, a whole section with links to coupons, and healthy eating/ meal tips. yeah! I like the reviews so you can know if something is good before you buy it or if it just tastes like cardboard or fake sugar.

Kris I actually visited this website today and they were reviewing an ice-cream bar that looks delicious, got great ratings and is only 0 weight watchers points!!!! YES! Now watch I won’t be able to find it. But I am sure going to look!!

And finally a recap from Lisa my new blogger friend. Who makes me feel just great about myself!

Lisa you are sure great for my self esteem!

Yesterday you posted you tried a cheap and delicious chicken and rice meal!!

I made a very economical meal yesterday from the Curves wt mgmt phase 1 lunches and dinner section called "Chicken Fried Rice" - I figured it cost only $1.10 per portion and boy was it delicious.

I am dying to try it! Would you post the recipe in the comment box?? Please!!!

This People is why I love blogging!

Helping each other out

Knowing others have our same struggles

And of course reading your comments (over and over, while not snacking) What can I say I am addicted to blogging!

SUZ

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie - I like the new look of your blog page. I just am so thrilled that I got to meet you. I do hope we can cross paths again soon.

    Thanks for the info on where to find the Arnold thin sandwhichs - I can't wait to go on a "scavenger hunt".

    The Curves "Chicken Fried Rice" recipe below is for one serving - I quadrupled the recipe when I made it.

    Cook 4 oz chicken (skinless, boneless chicken breast) and steam 1 cup of broccoli and 1/4 cup carrots. Heat a large skillet and add 2 t of butter. Add the chicken, veggies, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1/2 egg beaten and 2 T low sodium soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until warmed through.

    I must confess that I took a bunch of short cuts - I used the $1 WalMart steaming bag of broccoli, the 90 seconds microwave bagged whole grain rice, and already shredded carrots. I did use a fresh chicken breast, but later thought that if time was really short I could have used those Tyson chicken strips that come already cooked. If I were going to do it again, I would add some mushrooms and maybe red and green peppers to jazz it up a bit with more veggies.

    It was really really yummy. Hope you try it and enjoy it.

    Happy 4th everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, you are awesome...as I have said before, I love reading your blog. Thanks for all the tips!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,
    Love the new look you gave your blog! Thanks for everything:D
    sarah q

    ReplyDelete