Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Re-Evaluation Time

Okay so here it is…

It is time for me to re-evaluate my life-style.

I eat low fat /high fiber foods

I drink very little pop ( maybe 1 or 2 cans a week if any)

I drink water ( although I flavor a lot of it with GV SF Fruit Punch )

I have been exercising daily usually 40 minutes plus

I stay away from fast food

So what is my problem?

Not only am I not loosing I was up a couple pounds this week. ARGH!

Now I am not one to panic but I feel this must be addressed.

Because I am still trying to lose. So how can you gain when you are trying to lose.

I must not be trying very hard! :)

So here is what I am going to change…

I am going to have to be faithful in writing EVERYTHING down. ( I have been lax in this area as I have been keeping track in my head)

Yep, I think that is the biggest part of my problem.

I have been having to many BLT’s ( Bite, Licks and Tastes) and not been counting them.

I eat way to much at night. ( I am a big evening snacker ) Now in my mind I think I have enough points but then again I am not writing them down so do I really?

Also I have been lax in measuring and weighing my food, choosing the eyeballing method.

So I guess it is back to weighing and counting everything!

You know it is really frustrating when I think about how little food I need to live.

Then I realize God designed me this way and if food was at a shortage It would definitely be a good thing.

So here is what I will be trying this week…

( Besides writing everything down and measuring and counting everything)

I will be increasing my veggie intake and decreasing my bread intake :(

I will save points for evening eating and not go over them.

I will try not to do much evening eating (Guess I’ll have to go to bed early)

I will keep exercising diligently.

I will continue to keep stepping on that nasty, no good bathroom scale even though it doesn’t always show me what I want to see.

Why?

Because I have to.

No matter what it says I need to know.

So if your out there afraid to step on your scale don’t be! It is only going to tell you what you already know or who knows maybe you will pleasantly surprised (That is what I was hoping for this morning, Didn’t happen!)

But if your afraid and you don’t step on it that is the best sign you HAVE to!

Remember it is only a tool we use and not by any means a definition of our selves.

I talked to someone awhile ago that had lost a bunch of weight and put it all back on and she was not happy with herself.

I asked her how did it happen?

She basically said she was in denial, avoidance and she just quit weighing.

I can relate!

It was so hard for me to step on that scale this morning.

So I knew I had to.

Or I would lose ( not weight, just control)

Sometimes what you don’t know can hurt you!

This is probably a real bad comparison…

But here it goes anyway…

Weight gain is like Cancer it is always better to catch it in its early stages.

It is a  lot easier to treat and beat that way!

So now you know, I am not always in control, I am definitely not perfect in any way, shape, or form but by telling all of you I have made myself accountable.

So Thanks!

Suz

P.S. If anyone sees me out to eat tonight with my Hubby it’s Okay I have saved enough points!

2 comments:

  1. You sound so determined and bummed. I'm super proud of you. Everyday (or nearly everyday) you are doing awesome things for your health, for your body, for your family, and for your faith!

    Is it possible you aren't eating enough calories . . . especially since your activity level has increased recently?

    What about stress? Being stressed can cause weight gain due to the increased hormone production. If this is the case - the "let go, let God!"

    Hang in there. Stay in the fight. Recommittment to the behaviors that got you to your amazing accomplishments will certainly pay off.

    I'll be praying for your success! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the right attitude about this- it is a good thing to be aware of what is happening (or not) rather than avoiding the issue. Tweak some things around and see what works, you will get it figured out. I know you won't give up- you have come too far for that!

    My attempts at losing are not being too successful right now either- but I am not naive- I know pretty much exactly where I am 'cheating'- now just to find the self-control to turn it back around again!!

    Hope to hear you are losing again soon!

    ReplyDelete