Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

3 things

 

I kind of like these blog hoppy contests.

I am really not sure how the contest part works but I am competitive enough to try anyways

The contests is run by Brent Riggs and this weeks topic is 3 things you didn’t know about me.

So here goes…

1. When I was 15 or 16 I won a yodeling contest in Berne, Indiana. Yep I can yodel. Sort of a useless talent I know but I wanted to learn something from my Swiss heritage and the language was just to hard. :)

2. I spent most of my High School career trying to figure out how to miss as much school as possible with it still being excused. I think I about drove the attendance secretary nuts. Now I am a substitute teacher at the same school with some of the same teachers and I love it and want as many days as they will give me. Who Knew? Although the paycheck helps. :)

3. I literally married the boy next door and I have lived in the same mile of road for all but 1 year of my 40+ years of life. My Mom and I moved off the farm and into town a year before I got married to the boy next door. Now I live next door to my brother who lives in my parents home place. And I live in my husbands family home place. I wonder if this is why I have a hard time dealing with change? :)

So now you know a little more about me.

I wish it would be more exciting but as you can tell I just don’t venture to far from home!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Susie---great post!! It's always fun to learn facts about friends. So if you ever moved out of the marvelous mile--where would you go? julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, your posts always bring a smile!!! Great job. And why would you want to move off this wonderful road?! haha:)
    sarah q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from the Blog Hop to say hi from Colorado!

    I enjoyed reading your post!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you joined in! i think you could write much more about that school skipping thing!! :) that sounds quite interesting! (Just dont let our kids find out, k???) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just blog hopping and enjoyed reading your blog. Love learning more about my new friends.

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie! I'm glad I hopped over to your blog. I enjoyed reading your list. I am just like you as far as not liking change, as well as not venturing too far from home! Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie,
    I wanted to tell you how awesome it was to get to know you a bit better. I TOTALLY enjoyed walking with you - I do hope we can do it again soon. You are such an inspiring person. I know God has special plans for you! God bless you!!!!!!!
    - Your new friend and huge fan!

    ReplyDelete