Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday Walk

 

Something unique happened to me today…

My anti-blogging husband encouraged me to blog.

He even went so far as to try to give me a lead in.

I think he just wants credit for walking with me yesterday. :)

So here goes…

Yesterday after church as I was devouring points snacking I looked at my husband and said…

“I have got to quit eating, I need to exercise!”

He replied “How about we go on a walk?”

I was like “ Outside?”

Okay this is where it really gets weird.

He hates to walk!

He was sitting in his favorite chair, drinking  his favorite drink, (Pepsi of course) when this idea hit him.

I am really not sure what came over him.

I think he was inspired by the sun streaming in the window.

All I know is that when he feels inspired to walk I do not hesitate, so even though I was not in a huge mood to walk outside I jumped on his suggestion before he could change his mind!

Good thing too because 2 minutes later he was already backtracking. But it was too late for him because my shoes were already on!

So off to the River Greenway we went for our walk.

I have to say it was the least amount of people I have ever seen when we’ve walked there. I really enjoyed the walk even though my nose was cold!

It made me realize how much I can’t wait for Spring, green grass, and blue skies with big fluffy clouds!

It also got me out of the house away from food for an hour, just the break I needed to regain control over a voracious Sunday snacking appetite!

So today my blogging is dedicated to my husband, Love knows no bounds!

I suggested to him that he do a Tuesdays with Tim blog. You never know, Miracles do happen! :)

5 comments:

  1. Susie... I can totally relate with the snacking thing. Yesterday I sat down with a bag of chocolates, a chunk of cheese, and some fruit snacks... AHHHH I even hate to admit that! A walk would have been much more effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tim!! My family all went outside to play while I opened every cupboard eating everything trying to find the right snack. 1200+ calories later, nothing seemed to satisfy. It's too bad I have to actually dislike Sundays because I can't stop eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote yes to the "tuesday with tim" spot! I'm sure it would be awesome. Short, but awesome. :) And I love the visual of Tim in the chair with a pepsi. It made me miss you guys! Keep up all the good work in excercising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Susie & Tim!!! I'm sure Tim will think twice before he speaks from now on. Hey I would read Tuesday with Tim. I am sure it would be a success--it may turn into Tuesday and Thursday with Tim. Great post!! julie l

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, That makes me want to go outside right now! But it is raining. . .maybe another day. If he starts doing Tuesdays with Tim, you never know, he may just like it! Thanks for the reminder that spring is on the way! Jane

    ReplyDelete