Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Beautiful Day!

 

2 weeks ago it started to snow. This resulted in a 5 day weekend for all of us in this area.

Isn’t it amazing just 2 short weeks later it is 50+ degrees.

That’s Indiana weather for you!

You know it is sort of cool that it’s nice outside but there are still mounds of snow. It makes me think of being up in the mountains! ( I have a great imagination HUH?)

Thanks to a very persistent friend. I got out in this beautiful weather (for February) and did a run/walk today!

Actually Julie called me last night with this suggestion, I only agreed to it as long as I didn’t get called in to sub. ( I have a hard time with committing to outside exercise )

Boy, I was really hoping for a sub job today! Not only because I love to sub and need the money but also because I really didn’t want to run/walk.

As you can tell I didn’t get called in :(

So I had to go on the walk/run.

Guess what?

It was great!  :)

I can say that now that it is over.

Julie met me at the appointed time in the appointed location with a very enthusiastic “I’m loving this! Can’t wait to start! Isn’t this great!” attitude!

I met her with “Yeah right, lets just get this over with!”

Through the first mile she kept at me “ Come on Suz just say your loving it”

Me- “Well I am not hating it as much as I thought”

The 2nd mile I actually started enjoying it. Of course maybe that is because it was half over.

We did our run/walk 2 miles in a very acceptable time of under 22 minutes. Then we walked another mile to finish out our time and visit.

Well I’m home now, it’s over and guess what I can say I loved it! I am so glad I did it! It was great!!

Thanks Julie for making encouraging me!

So my challenge for you today is get out there and walk, run, bike or do something outside. Breathe that clean fresh air into your lungs and enjoy.

Call a friend and encourage them to go with you!

You’ll love it! Be thrilled you did it! It will feel great!

Especially after it’s over!

 

7 comments:

  1. Susie, I counted 16 exclamation points in this post! Your enthusiasm is encouraging...even when it pertains to exercise. :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the motivation! I'm gonna sweep my floors, do the dishes, and then get out there and run! (I tend to put exercise off as well, even if it means houscleaning!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister, lydia, is dragging me out to exercise, too! i'm actually looking forward to it:)
    Sarah Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Susie!!! You go girl! I walked with Leslie today.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah well, I did get my exercise in, but I still had to do the treadmill because of the kiddos. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiahna and i took a walk on tuesday too!! it wasn't quite like walkign with a friend! but it was so nice to get out! (and no pressure walking with her!!!!) i am ready to get out and execise!

    ReplyDelete