Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gum

I love to chew gum!

For years I couldn’t chew gum without swallowing it.

I would try to resist but to no avail I would always end up swallowing it.

It took me 38 years but I finally grew up and through fierce determination I can now successfully chew a piece of gum and when I am tired of it I spit it out and throw it away. YEAH!

Sadly though some of my closest friends and family don’t share my exhilaration over this fact.

They say I chew like a cow!

image

image

I tell them that I have an incredibly small mouth and I can’t help it! Even when I chew with my mouth totally closed I still get the disapproving glares.

Now I believe it is true that my chewing may be slightly distracting but I also believe I hang around with very sensitive people.

The other day my youngest son got in the car and demanded… “ Alright who gave Mom gum?” in a tone that demanded retribution.

So lately I have been trying to notice how other people chew gum.

Guess what? The people I watched all at some point chewed with their mouth open like a cow.

So I think this is a universal problem.

One of the reasons I like to chew gum is it keeps my mouth busy. It distracts me into thinking I am eating something.

I have two favorites at the moment. They both have a great flavor and are long lasting and they don’t get all rubbery.

When I am feeling a little fruity oh well, fruity, I can’t think of a better term right now. I choose the fresh sweet favor of Extra sweet watermelon.

image

This gum is packed with flavor and keeps it a long time.

When I am feeling minty. I go with Orbit Sweet mint.

image 

And of course both of these gums are sugar free!

I just read or heard that chewing sugar free gum is great for dieters because it works as an appetite suppressant. That may have been a commercial for Extra gum now that I think of it so I really don’t have a documented source. :) I think dentists recommend it too. (Again another commercial)

Do you have a favorite sugar free gum you could recommend? I don’t like anything too hot. I am a wimp.

I am still working on chewing more lady like.  (If that is possible. Do true etiquettly sound ladies chew gum?)

At least it’s better than me chewing up hard candy!

I hear I am really annoying at this too!


4 comments:

  1. Great post!! I think you should find friends that aren't so honest or give them some gum too!! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    This morning, before I clicked on your post to read it, I was looking around my computer desk for some gum...a second later, your post popped up and I read, "I love to chew gum!" Kinda weird :)

    Well, I am a fellow Chain-Gum-Chewer who also swallows it.

    My recommendation? Extra Polar Ice! Yum!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The key to successfully chewy more "lady like" is to only chew a half a piece at a time. Sure it doesn't last as long but you still have a fresh half piece left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me a chuckle today!!! Thanks! I say - chew your gum and enjoy it!!!!!! You've made so many lifestyle changes in the past couple years - seriously, gum chewing TOO???? Go nuts - chew it like you own it (which hopefully you do since it's in your mouth :)

    ReplyDelete