Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Everyone has an opinion

 

When you live in a house with 6 other people you soon realize that everyone has an opinion.

Not all opinions in this house are the same.

This can be a great thing! It makes life very interesting around here.

So it is with this in mind that I tell you about a new recipe I was given last week for Chocolately Muffins.

I love these muffins! They are super easy to make, not very expensive, low in points and delicious!

The last one is where the difference of opinions sets in.

You see I made them in my cupcake pans and as they bake they smelled just like brownies. So Tadd decided that this “diet food”  was for him.

So he just helped himself to a huge bite of a warm, delicious one right out of the oven.

I think his exact reaction was pupupuththth…….. I guess he didn’t like the texture! Well his loss is my gain!

Did I just say my gain? Now there is a naughty phrase for someone trying to lose weight.

Although it means we don’t have to share. So if your in need of a chocolate fix this is just the recipe for you. 

But remember that is just my opinion!

All you need are 4 ingredients!!

S5030187

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

3 cups Kellogg's Original All-Bran cereal

2 ½ cups water

Soak for 5 minutes, then stir

Add 2 tsp baking powder

1 box of Great Value Brownie Mix

Mix thoroughly, about 50 strokes

Bake @ 350 for 20 – 25 minutes

in sprayed cupcake pans. Makes 24 muffins

2 muffins = 3 points

S5030186

And for a fun variation cut the muffin in half and add  1/4 cup Breyers Free ice cream, refreeze, serve with a dollop of free cool whip and a few miniature chocolate chips. This is delicious, takes awhile to eat, and is only 2 pts!

S5030185

Cute isn’t it?

Now on to big find # 2 for the week!

I love cereal!

Before I started watching portions I took great pleasure in eating cereal.

I would always have to refill that bowl because of too much milk, then of course I had to add milk because of too much cereal, this would go on for awhile.

For 2 years I have pretty much stayed away from my favorite cereals unless I just ate them dry as a snack. Carefully measured of course!

This week I rediscovered Wheat puffs thanks to my Mom!

You know if you put splenda on them they taste just like sugar smacks! I loved Sugar Smacks as a kid! You remember that cool bear Sugar Bear!

Well look at how many puffs you can have for 2 pts! 2 whole cups!! IT actually fills the bowl! I just add 1 1/2 cups so I can still pour the last 1/2 cup in for later. Oh the good days are back! (Sort of)

S5030188

Notice the full bowl, 2 whole cups of puffs versus 3/4 cup CapN Crunch. Same amount of points!

Plus they are only 99 cents a bag!

Well I have to go for today because someone in this house feels that I have spent way to much time on this post and blogging in general today!

But again that is just HIS opinion!

 

5 comments:

  1. oh, but I love Cap'n Crunch! :) Good post. the brownies look amazing and I want to try them. However, I know how Tadd feels. My roommate made a gluten-free chocolate cake that looked decadent. I didn't realize it was gluten free and took a huge bite that I expected to be pure chocolate glory. Let's just say it was not glorious and most of that bite ended up in the trash. What a disappointment. Tadd - I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo-cereal!!! I try only to eat the healthiest kind, but I have to watch it. I can down a box in a couple of days, not so good for the tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie-great post--hey blogging is a stress reliever!! (That is most times) Thanks for the new recipe--I'm sure it would draw mixed reviews here too. (You know with so many different people to share their thoughts!)Can you spend too much time blogging? I think that goes back to living in a house with lots of opinions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not always a bad thing when everyone else doesn't like your food!! It last much longer that way! I will never forget the first time I bought a frozen ww dessert (I splurged) and Holly loved it!! (Skinny thing that she is!) I almost felt like I had to hide them when I bought them just so I could eat them before she did! I am not a cereal eater but it looks like you found a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, about a year ago I always had those chocolate muffins in the freezer...it was great to have something to "splurge" on once in awhile(actually every night for dessert)... Rachel just brought that recipe up the other day and asked me when I'm going to make them again (Nathan likes them too) ...so you just inspired me to do it:) Thanks for the great blog...
    Jan S.

    ReplyDelete