Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Remembering Dad

25 years ago today my dad went to be with Jesus.

I was 15 and didn’t see it that way. I heard it and I said it but I didn’t rejoice about it.

I mourned, I cried and I hurt and some days like today I still do. Not for Dad, because he’s with Jesus the place he always longed to be, but for myself and all the things I think I missed with him. But for Dad now I can rejoice!

Even though its been 25 years I still miss him! It sure doesn’t seem that long.

But it’s Okay because I can go from tears to smiling just by remembering him.

So that’s what I am doing today…

Remembering Joyfully! ( With just a few tears )

For those of you who didn’t know my Dad I won’t go on and on because he was really just a normal guy that would hate any fuss and words of honor.

I knew he loved me, my Mom, my siblings and most of all his Lord and that he had a huge desire for everyone around him to turn there hearts over to Jesus. So enough said!

But here are some pics from the good old days…

Don’t you just love their glasses!

scan0002

Definitely a 70’s picture, yellow cast and a leisure suit!

scan0007

Another 70’s Pic this time Dad has the Leisure suit. :)

scan0011

Mom and Dad’s 25th

scan0008 

Dad with his parents and siblings he was probably about my age in this one.

But he looks much older, right?

scan0009

I love this pic of Dad with his siblings and Grandpa Sammy. He was always such a smiley and happy man. He looks ornery too. This is how I remember him!

scan0010

Well I know this wasn’t a typical blog for me, no recipes or weight struggles for me today. (Not that I don’t have them)

Today I wanted to just remember my Dad, Chad (Charlie) Kaehr.

I guess I am just a little selfish because I wanted  a few others to remember him too.

8 comments:

  1. So sweet, the pictures are great! It's hard to imagine you losing your Dad at only 15, wow! Thinking of you today as the memories flood in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, he was my all time favorite Sunday school teacher! Thanks for the pictures!
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, he was someone I will never forget. I enjoyed all the pictures. Even though the tears can still come, we will never forget, but we can rejoice too. Peggy A

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, susie! i can't believe how much my dad looks like his uncles. i think your dad looks like a mix between scott and my dad. thanks for sharing all the pictures.
    sarah q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie:
    I remember our folks being in the same potluck..thanks for the wonderful memories..
    Joy and Alyssa told me about your blog..I love
    you and need encouragement so bad.. We are in
    Ft. Myers and trying to pick healthy snacks..
    fresh fruit and veggies..thanks so much for your help..going'to get new recipe box to put all of
    your healthy recipes tips in..
    luv ya
    bev jolloff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wonderful tribute to dad! I am so incredibly thankful that we had him as long as we did! I've been learning that deep sorrow helps us to experience joy at a deeper level as well. We are blessed! I love you, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing selfish at all about that!! Glad you shared with us your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susie,
    I just learned about your blog, and am totally addicted. You are such a great example to all of us.
    I just wanted to tell you that your dad was one of the greatest men I ever knew. I KNOW without a doubt without Charlie and Bob Meyer that I would not be where I am today. They were our adult Sunday school teachers many years ago. Charlie's love for the Lord was such a shining example...and I knew that I wanted what he had! He is missed by many of us!

    ReplyDelete