Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doing Better

 

I am really trying to do better posting in case you didn’t notice.

Sometimes I sit down and think what should I post.

Do people really want to know what I eat and do every day.

But then I figure if I am really boring you can just quit reading.

This weekend I fell off the eating wagon again!

I am sure you are tired of hearing about it because I am tired of admitting it.

Church lunch was amazing and I brought home some leftovers for “the kids” ( Mistake # 1)

Although I had to have a bite of numerous bars and cookies just to sample…. for future reference of course.

It was like once the sugar entered into my system I wanted more, more, more…..

At that point I figured Hey it’s okay I still haven’t blown it that bad.

I can just be careful the rest of the day.
But then I went to potluck…

I actually did fine through dinner.

Then dessert came I took a delightful pumpkin dessert so Tim could have that and his apple carmel cake.

Aren’t I so nice?

My one little bite turned into about 5 on my dessert and 2 on his.

Please note I only got 2 of his because his fork was in my way and I didn’t want to be to obvious.

Oh did I mention I had 4 of those little candy pumpkins on the table.

Then came the snack mix.

I was good and took none!

….Until I walked out the door then I just grabbed a little. It was so delicious…pretzels, little ritz crackers, m&ms and candy corn covered in a sugary glaze.

After I got home I knew I shouldn’t eat anything but even though I can’t remember what it was I know I ate something. ( Oh yeah half of a caramel iced cinnamon roll)

So there you have it I was a total loser.

What happened to Will Power!

I am supposed to be better than this!

Yesterday, I climbed back on the wagon.

I ate healthy… beets, squash and green beans, I stayed with the program. I even toasted the butternut seeds ( with only a little pam & seasonings) and snacked on them.

As soon as I am done posting today I am headed for a workout. So far today I am doing great!

13 hours to go!

PLEASE leave me a comment today! I need to know you haven’t given up on me!! :)

I know I am slightly pathetic!

SUZ

12 comments:

  1. Nope, I'm not giving up on you at all! I enjoy reading your posts even though I typically don't comment, as I'm sure lots of people do. Continue doing good this week! You'll be so glad you did!! Blessings, catrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you going to go workout--yesterday, I finally dusted of the old Leslie tapes--a person feels so much better after excerising--it makes one wonder why she (being me) doesn't do it everyday. Please do not feel alone in your struggles--I know exactly what you are talking about. Keep your chin up!! Thanks for sharing. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,
    I love to read about your human-ness! It makes me feel good that I am not alone with eating issues:) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,
    I'm still reading! And now I just want to eat. Yum. Sounds like you cheated on well-worth eats. I'm guessing you were referring to Leann G.'s rolls? Yum..that was a worthy cheat.

    Glad you're back on track! ;)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm pretty sure I've never met you but I read your blog! I actually had Tiffany in my cabin at girl's camp 4 or 5 years ago:) Your blog is not boring, it's real life. And the things you struggle with are reality for so many of us. You're just willing to be more open about it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog counter is over 15,000 - you big dork - you're a HUGE hit!!! No one is giving up on you!!!!!!! We all love you, support you, and many of us are in the same boat sinkin' and swimmin' together. Thanks for sharing your feelings and experiences with us. You're the best - cheat away - life happens and it's not worth denying yourself at EVERY turn - it's just not worth it. Guilt be gone! Hang in there - we all LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie,
    I read your blog and enjoy all your posts! I can relate to almost everything you write. Thank you, please keep it up!
    Tara R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie- you are not pathetic! You are just human with weaknesses like most of us.... I for one am addicted to sugar and carbs-- it is so hard to stay away! And like you said, once you start, it just keeps growing doesn't it? I hope you had a good day- and I love reading your blog, keep it up!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susie,

    I'm still reading too! I have been doing terrible with commenting, though. I love hearing your stories!

    Jessica (n)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep posting Susie! I love reading your blog! I am a horrible commenter...even though I read every single blog in my blogroll daily...and even get frustrated when 8 hours has gone by and no one has updated!! :) But I do read and really like the motivation factor you bring to the table. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susie...boy can I identify with you on: taking a dessert "for my husband", eating candy off the table, and even on the times I'm exceptionally good at some potluck or event, I come walking back into our door and the first thing I think of is, hmmm, what is there I can eat??? Go figure. and oh yeah. church lunch...been there too (like every Sunday...)
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susie-
    Since we've been going to Bluffton North, I do miss seeing you. It is so worthwhile reading your blog and seeing myself in you. Enjoy hearing about your family, too, since some of them were with me for about 9 months! Keep it up! You are an encourgement, even to a 66 year old (think I would have it all together after that many years!)
    Mary K.

    ReplyDelete