Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Answering Questions

 

Hey!! First of all I want to say thanks for all your great comments!

For you first time commenters. Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone! It was a really big pick me up to hear from everybody!

(L) you seriously crack me up! We have got to be related!

A while back I was having blogger block and one of my sweet blogger friends (L) asked me a few questions to inspire some blogs. I realized today I have never answered all of these questions so I thought today we be a good time…

Especially since I got nothing else… :)

1.What are some things that you no longer do because you have replaced it with your new healthy behaviors (i.e. instead of watching tv now you walk? or you wake up early to meditate?)

One of the biggest things I do differently is I quit drinking pop.

I am not talking cold turkey I still have a pop once in awhile.

But I was seriously addicted.

It was nothing for me to drink 4 Mountain dews in a day. ( some days even more )

Then brilliantly I went to 4 diet MD’s a day.

It was a hard break as I was seriously addicted to the caffiene.

I like to read and it is hard to read while you eat.

At least it is in bed or a big comfy chair.

( I remember being able to eat while reading at the table; I don’t do that anymore. Basically because I would unthinkingly consume big amounts of food without even realizing it )

Eating in front of the TV is something I am very careful with. No meals while watching only carefully planned snacks. Usually a bag of Low fat popcorn!

If I am hungry I try to drink instead of snack.

Most of all I have had to change my mentality about eating.

Before I always wanted to make sure I got my fair share of the yummy stuff. Even if it meant stuffing myself.

Now I am thankful when those yummy temptations are gone.

I wish I could say I meditate and don’t watch TV.

I do watch TV some and Besides my daily prayers for grace and devotions I am pretty simple in the meditating department. No cross legged Yoga yet!

2. What ever happened to the senior picture taking?

We are still not done but we have both been to busy and we are both to much alike…

Okay we are lazy and it seems like a lot of effort.

We wanted some fall pics But I am afraid we may have waited to long. Last weekend it was windy, maybe this weekend will be better.

3. What are some of the lessons you have learned? Victories you have experienced?

Never give up on yourself. I never, never thought I would be this size again, I never thought that I could lose this much weight and I never thought I would like wearing blue jeans.

Which actually at this moment is not my favorite.

They are a little tight, Very inspiring!

Victories:
Wearing clothes that aren’t completely elastic. Rollerblading, waterskiing, tying my shoes straight on, Having a full day and not being totally exhausted at night, Walking six miles and actually liking it.

You know the best victory is having choices.

Being able to do something or not do something because I want to or don’t want to.

Not because I can’t because I was simply to fat!

4. What advice would you give someone who seems to take one step forward (lose a pound or two) and two steps backward (gains a couple of pounds)?

You know I have been there before and I know I’ll be there again. I keep telling myself I am not going to buy bigger clothes, I am not going to go back. It is simply mind over mouth. I would really hope my mind would win.

NEVER GIVE UP!!! No matter how bad you do. It is not too late. Don’t start tomorrow start right now!

Have someone you are accountable too!

4. What do you "say to yourself" to get you to go for a walk/jog especially when you can find a million excuses not to?

Lately I have been envisioning myself with an enormous butt. It is very motivating.

The other thing is I feel really good after I exercise. I feel like a grownup making good heart taking care of decisions.

Exercise is really not about the weight for me as much as the taking care of my body anymore.

I think of my kids and my husband and how doing this has hopefully extended my life with them.

It’s worth it! Even when they stand there and tease me as I am walk’in and and rock’in with Leslie.

Thanks L for all the questions. I would love more from anyone at anytime. Please don’t be Shy!!

Have a good one!

Suz

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED your post!!!!!! Thanks for answering my questions, but most importantly - thanks for your words of motivation and inspiration. My spark is a bit brighter after reading your blog tonight. Priceless!!! You are the best. I'm really glad you didn't take offense to me calling you a dork - but seriously - look at your blog counter - you're a HUGE HIT!!!! We all love you!!! Thanks for the answers. Keep up the posting - I love it!
    God Bless,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Susie--How far do you usually walk a day? Oh yes and I can't wait to see more senior pictures. Maybe you should just hang in there and wait for some snow pictures. julie :)

    ReplyDelete