Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 17 and Sunshine!

 

Wow! I am so glad I didn’t know that on day 17 I would still be living in Limbo so to speak.

Everything is dry here now and the ceilings are up just not finished yet.

Hopefully by next week the ceilings will be done and the woodwork and paneling will be back up so we can get the carpets cleaned and move back into those rooms!! Oh to sit on a couch again!! :)

I have this giant pillow that we are calling our couch for now!

New carpet for the upstairs and the flooring and tile for the bathroom come next week.

I need to paint the bathroom before then.

I am not a person that likes to paint or remodel.

I really don’t like change!

So this is forcing me to do a remodel.

It is forcing me to take a hard look at all my stuff and weed out what is really important!

Funny thing this is also making me think about my spiritual life…

Maybe I need to clean out and get myself out of the comfortable mode and do a little remodel on that too!! :)

I am trying to focus on the positive through this…

There is really a lot of good that has come from this mess!

I am cleaning out closets that really need it.

I am getting 2 new ceilings…a huge improvement

I have not had to really clean my house for 2 weeks now. :)

My carpets are going to get cleaned!! They really needed it.

I don’t have to have Thanksgiving here this year.

( okay I know that is sad but really it has made me much more relaxed this year!! Thanks Connie!)

So I guess it is really how you look at things. This may really be a good thing!

Plus I can’t change things.

It is what it is!

That is what I keep telling myself on day 17!! :)

Okay so onto something more fun. This weekend was the annual Sunshine Dance at school.

Since Tiff is on executive council Tim and I have  get to go to it and work and chaperone.

Since Tiff is also yearbook editor I took pics for her.

So here are a few of the evening…

Tiff and her date Paul

IMG_5575

Troy and his date Jessica, dancing the night away! :)

IMG_5722

Here is another pic of them.  Not sure where his tie went.

IMG_5708

Tim and I enjoying one of the Props!

We don’t even drink coffee! :)

IMG_5678

Tiff dancing with her friends, These kids really like to dance!

IMG_5642

Tiff and Tiff

IMG_5743

I have more pics that I took of the kids before they left, you know the pics we moms take, but I can’t figure out how to unload them off of Tiff’s new (used) camera I think we are going to have to get a card reader!

On the eating front, pretty much the usual… fell off that darn wagon again this weekend so I am spending this week making up for it!!

I am going into Thanksgiving with a positive I can do it attitude!!

Although, I may have to step up my work outs!!

All for now!

SUZ

3 comments:

  1. I HAVE A CARD READER FOR THAT CAMERA!! & Paul and Tiff look great! Paul is so nice, we love him!! Glad things are getting put back in order around there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! God Bless!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Suz,
    I have also been a silent reader of your blog. I have struggled with my weight my whole life...and found you blog such an encouragement! You look GREAT! I know it is just eating right and exercising... but it doesn't mean it is easy! Your children are beautiful and it looks like enjoy the opportunities God has given you with them. I look forward in following along…

    ReplyDelete