Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, November 9, 2009

My toilet over-floweth

 

Yes, Literally my toilet over flowed this Saturday night.

It was sneaky…

Quietly seeping down out of the bathroom, flowing into the hallway then through the floors and ceilings till it hit the basement floor.

Here is the guilty culprit…100_3517

A Super Flush that uses very little water

We were told very hard to plug! HA!

Although according to everyone here no one plugged or used it last.

But sometime between 12:00 and 3:30 am someone snuck in and used it and somehow got the handle stuck.

By the way this is not my choice in flooring, It is just what I have at the present time.

Anywho I woke up at 3:30 am to use the little girls room only to step into a squishy squashy river 3 steps out of my bedroom door.

As I walked further down the hall I could see the lake that covered my bathroom. As bad as all this was I think the sound of pouring water from the downstairs was even more alarming.

We tried for awhile to catch the water but it was coming just too fast and all over. YUCK HUH!

100_3485My hollering woke up Tim who immediately turned off the water in the bathroom. Where was I!

I barely made it to the downstairs bathroom. Hey remember why I was up…. Running water is not a huge help.

After Tim getting shocked trying to take the light fixture down ( it was turned off at the time) We decided the buckets and bowls really weren’t a huge help and it wasn’t worth getting electrocuted over.

Anyways Resource Maintenance came on Sunday and today, and tomorrow and????…. They’ll be here till everything is dry.

Here are a few Pics of how things look…

A view of the family room

100_3512

A view of the kitchen with Jeff and Shawn Yergler hard at work

100_3514

A view of Travis and Tadd’s room and the hall

100_3515

the living room with all the furniture stacked in it.

100_3526

The entry room

100_3523

A view of part of the ceiling.

100_3508  A few of our literary victims.

100_3494

They enclosed the 2 rooms that were the wettest and are now drying them with fans and giant dehumidifiers. We also have them upstairs and in the basement.

It sounds like a wind tunnel in here and it is very WARM!!

I’ll keep you updated on the progress!

On a positive note… It is very hard and inconvenient to snack. Although this could be my most expensive weight loss plan yet!! :)

So before going to bed make sure all toilets  are not plugged and the flush handle is in a neutral position.

OH and if this does happen to you, Jeff Yergler says you can call him anytime day or night!!!

He does come with a price. :)

Have a great Day!

Suz

Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10 (NASB)

4 comments:

  1. I can not believe all of the problems that one toilet can cause, so terrible, but yet I have to think of those that are facing life threatening illnesses and I would have to pick your situation over theirs. Obviously, neither would be my first pick. Best of luck getting everything put back together. Wow, what a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a nightmare...and I'm probably sure you wish it was just a nightmare! I really like the verse you tacked on to the end though...good reminder.

    Hope things are getting more back to normal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eek!! of course i had heard about this already! I will have to show my dad and brother this post :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGGGG!!!! What a mess!!!! I'm sooooo sorry you have to go through this. One toilet - who knew it could do so much. We can walk on the moon for heaven's sake - shouldn't toilets be smart enough to shut off when the overflow starts? Hang in there . . . this too shall pass????!!!!!?????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete