Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Take a Walk With Me

This has been the week of many walks!

Daily actually!

I have also done another 1 mile jog.

This time it took me 11 minutes but in my defense is was 90 degrees out and didn’t have my faithful dog with me. ( I was afraid the heat would be too much for him yesterday morning! )

Last night I walked the 6 mile section with some neighbors and cousins.

I wish I had pics!

Yes, it was hot!

Yes, I loved it!

Remember I like the heat!

At least so far. :)

Today I took Buddy on a walk/jog.

Interval walking is suppossed to be so good for your heart plus I hear it helps get rid of belly fat.

Any Guesses why I do it! HA

I walk 3mins and then jog 2mins unless I get distracted.

This was supposed to be a self pic of me.

I took it on my phone.

That must be the reason I look older and fatter.

0626091146a

Here is my energetic dog Bud. He always starts out strong.

0626091141

Although he is easily distracted!

0626091142

Obviously so am I. Here is a pic of a pretty weed!

0626091138

Whew! Bud made it to the creek for swim #1.

*Note At this point we are only 1/2 mile away from home.

0626091145

He is feeling rejuvenated from his swim so he is the spec running along the road. I took this pic just to show you how beautiful it is.

Green Fields

Blue sky

White clouds

Gotta love summers in Indiana.

0626091147a

Another cool weed

0626091158

Buddy is starting to drag behind, also a close up of my finger. :)

0626091146 

This is actually swim #3 in the ditch closest to

home.

0626091229

Home again! This is what Tim does for exercise.

Pressure washing the planter.

0626091232a

OH and before I forget today is my niece Kristen’s Birthday!

Happy Birthday Kris. Sorry I forgot to send a card!!

krist amy tiff

Amy, Tiff and Kris! Aren’t they too cute!

Enjoy your day and maybe take a walk!

6 comments:

  1. This post cracked me up!!! Love the photo captions - too cute! Congrats on all of your mileage - way to go! Keep up the super work. Thanks for blogging about your experiences - I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks so much for posting those pretty, pretty pictures of the weeds. Hey, whatever gets you motivated, keep it up. How come I never get a call to go for a walk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie--This post is so funny!! Love all the great pictures. I love the one of you. Thanks for the update. And Happy Birthday Kristen!!! julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sus,
    That 6 mile walk WAS fun. It's so much easier to exercise with friends!

    Jamie, we do a neighborhood walk every Monday night at 8:30. We meet at Kim Reinhard's house. ANYONE is invited, but I was too lazy to call everyone so we just started it out by telling a few people and hoping it would spread. Anyways, the Monday night walks are usually about 3-4 miles. We'd love to have you come!

    Sarah Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I was at girls camp all weekend, so didn't check your blog until now. I'm impressed you walked so much last week with all the heat! you are diligent!

    Love ya,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie, it was fantastic to meet you tonight. You are exactly the same in real life as you sound in your blog. I must apologize for the hug. I don't generally hug strangers; however, I just felt like you were an old friend - I mean I do check your blog everyday :) Later, I told Julie that I realized I was wearing my stinkey work out clothes and hugging a complete stranger - please don't block me from your blog -I promise I'm not a CRAZY person. You ROCK!!! Keep up the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete