Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Never say Never!

 

It is so easy to say I will never do that!

Oh but be careful because those words will come back to haunt you.

I thought I would never take food with me to church to eat during church lunch.

But I do.

It saves me a lot of points and on the weekend I need all the help I can get.

Yesterday I went to my sister-in-laws VBS lunch stand.

She was serving coney dogs, nachos meat and cheese, hotdogs, and a delicious assortment of cookies.

I did something I thought I would never do.

I took my own fat free hotdog in a piece of light bread.

Now lets do the math.

1 normal hot dog 3 pts. + 1 normal hotdog bun 2pts.=5pts

or

1 fat free hot dog 1pt + 1 piece of light bread 1/2 pt. =1.5 pts.

I did put a little coney sauce on it and I did have a cookie, and I did taste some chips and cheese.

So I guess it was a good thing I took my own hot dog. :)

Something I would NEVER do!

It is a good thing I like fat free hotdogs.

Last night I made brats. Each brat has 290 calories and a whopping 25 grams of fat. 8 pts.

OUCH!

I love brats!

But I just can’t afford that many points.

For now, for me it is just not worth it.

But hey, A fat free hot dog with peppers and onions and a little BBQ sauce is just as good ( I know mind games ).

It works for me and I can have 2 and if I am really feeling wild I may add a little fat free cheese. woo who!

Have I mentioned 3 years ago I probably didn’t realize you could buy fat free hot dogs and even if I had known…

I…. would NEVER buy them. :)

Never say Never!

4 comments:

  1. It is indeed all about the small decisions that at the end of the day/week/month/year/lifetime add up to a very larger picture. It's a great reminder of taking control of ourselves with whatever it takes to accomplish the goal. Thanks for sharing this example. It reminds me of one of my favorite posts - the one you talked about how MANY calories you have to cut in a day in order to lose weight each week versus how easy it is to add a few calories to gain a few pounds. Astonishing! Great post - thanks for your blog!!! God Bless You!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do things I said I would never do to...I hate having to watch every bite I eat. I hate being overweight. I have battled my weight and eating habits for 30 years. I have lots of ups and downs. My heart dr. had been onto me for 2 years about losing weight. My husband found out right after Christmas that he is a diabetic. He had to start taking 4 shots everyday and 2 pills just for his diabetes.. SO he has to diet and I started with him. I didn't want to. I've lost 34 lbs in 6 months and I feel so much better. I would still like to eat. We walk 2 miles thru the week and 4 miles on the weekend. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. I do the diabetic diet with mu husband. I have lost weight on weight watchers before. It's just easier to eat the same foods. Good luck with your weight loss and you look great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a hard time with all the yummy food-but it is also a good time because we can be outside and get exercise. Thanks for the encouragement! :)Jane

    ReplyDelete