Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A small leak

 

It is amazing what a small leak can lead too…

A while back I noticed we had a leak coming from under our Laundry room into our garage.

This lead to tearing out some drywall to get to it…

which lead to cleaning out underneath the laundry room which was a small storage space.

Somehow this lead to cleaning out the attic above the garage ( at least a start)

Which lead to finding many interesting things including some pictures I had forgotten about.

Which may just be a new supply of blogging fun!

So her we go…. A blast from the past…

Amazing the things I would do in front of a boat load of guys.

scan0001

Not once

scan0003

Not twice

scan0002

Yep 3 times,  Oh to be 18 again, or not!

Incidentally after landing that last one I sprained my ankle.

The picture makes it look much more graceful than it actually was :)

I don’t think I impressed anyone.

What is that saying…Pride cometh before the fall!

Then there was my first job and first car!!

Richards Restaurant and a 1985 Chevy Cavalier!!!!

scan0004

Everyone should be a waitress at least once and I loved that little car.

scan0006

So sad when I totaled it!

scan0007

Finally Florida 1987… Fort Myers Church, I believe

scan0005

Do you know these ladies?

Funny thing I just got rid of that dress in the last month when I was cleaning out a closet. I really loved that dress. So hard to part with until I showed it to Tif and she asked me if I really wore that ugly thing!!!!

HUMMMPFF!!! Some people just don’t appreciate the 80’s!! I did get rid of though to my chagrin due to the fact that the material and the elastic were making crunchy sounds and I really didn’t think I would wear it again. Plus believe it or not it didn’t fit!! :)

All this due to the fact some glue didn’t hold my drain pipe on to my sink.

You gotta look for the good in everything!!

My Garage is getting cleaned out and I am finding lost treasures!

Till next time,

Suz

5 comments:

  1. Wow Suz, I didn't remember that you actually landed the jump! I'm impressed! And the pictures...oh my, they brought back lots of memories! Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome pictures...dress and all! :)

    Show us more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad you don't have any pictures of me from the 80's! Yikes!

    I didn't know you totaled your car like that. Wow Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed that you attempted and landed the jump!! It made me laugh really hard that you still had that dress. I think it was time for it to go... I'm looking forward to more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Suz - I don't even know where to begin. First, thanks! Second, wow! Third, there just aren't any more words. GREAT photos!!!

    ReplyDelete