Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Good News, Bad News

 

Well I may as well get the bad news over with first.

I did terrible eating on Christmas day.

Seems I have a real problem with home made, cut out and iced Christmas cookies.

I love them!!

Especially the stars.

I can just break off a couple of rays and walk away…

sadly I always went back and just kept breaking off.

My sis in law makes the best caramels.

This year she brought them in the pan. So I could just sliver off a slice….

little, by little, by little, by little…. see a pattern?

There were other things I ate that were out of my norm.

All of this resulted in me feeling physically terrible.

My tummy was a churning, and spinning. So much that I thought I must be getting the flu.

I woke up on Christmas morning to the sounds of one of my children wretching his guts out. By 3:00 that day another son was sick. This is another whole story and it is not very pretty so I think I will just stop there.

But you get the point… My body does not like high amounts of fats and sugar so much that I felt physically sick.

This is probably a good thing.

Now for the good news. My sweet family got me a Wii and a Wii fit for Christmas.  ( okay in all honesty I told them it was all I wanted and I would help pay ) My sweet hubby went in with them and I received this very extravagant gift.

Although so far I have to wait to get a turn. Seems they all like the Wii.

I think I am really going to like it.

The Wii tells it like it is.

The first time I stepped on it went ….OHHH! ( kind of like an OH MY! )

Sorta of irritating.

Then it told me I was obese.

Kinda hurtful!

Then it said my Wii age was 52.

Very disturbing!!

But after I did a few things on it I went back and did a few more tests to determine my Wii age and it said I was 34!!

Liking that!

So I can’t wait to do it again today!

Even though it’s insulting, it is also challenging, encouraging  and so far makes exercise fun.

I think it is going to be a good thing for me.

Have a great day!
Susie

4 comments:

  1. Suz, when Mom got the Wii fit, I was very angry at it. It definitely made my Mii pudgy and I was like 43 in Wii years. It was also on Christmas. Merry Christmas to me, right? :)

    Sorry for making those star cookies... kind of glad I was too sick to eat them. I'm glad you didn't get the flu too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a journey. If it were easy - every American would be skinny! Temptation is all around us. It's just a balancing act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you!! If you need a buddy, just call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to get some encouragement! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete