Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Ups and Downs

 

Wow!

I don’t even know where to begin it’s been so long. :)

I have been back from vacation for over a week and I have been putting off posting.

At first it was because I didn’t want to admit that I gained a few pounds the two weeks I vacationed at the lakes.

I wanted to be able to tell you that I got those lbs off.

Basically this week I did great and they were going off.

Then I pretty much blew it this weekend.

It all started Friday night with a new pizza my Mom had at her house. Tyger pizza.

Lets just say I loved it!

Then I did pretty good on Saturday but blew it in the evening.

Yesterday was a repeat of Saturday.

But today is a new day and even though I woke up thinking about food ( I know pathetic ) I am determined to stay within my points.

My plan is to eat tons of fresh veggies. I have green beans , beets, broccoli and I am hoping some tomatoes from my garden are ripe!

I have said before that I believe that I am a food addict.

So this weekend was me falling off the wagon.

Now it wasn’t a real big wagon. I picture a little red radio flyer. Because I didn’t fall far.

But it was still a fall.

Today I am fighting the urges to snack. I am thinking about bread, chocolate, frosted flakes, scotcheroos ( thank goodness there are only two left and I moved them to a sack so I can’t sliver them off) and various other cravings.

Now it is really hard to convey feelings in a blog.

I am not sad, or depressed I guess I am just resigned to the fact that this is my life.

Food will probably always be more important to me than it should.

I will not ever be able to say I have my eating totally figured out and totally under control.

But at least I recognize this and can find humor in it.

Which takes me back to the one day at a time theory!

My scale will go down and probably up again.

That’s a given.

The goal is it goes down as much or more then it goes up!

I just have to keep stepping on it every week whether I like it or not.

Some weeks are better than others.

Well I hope I didn’t bore you too much with my ramblings.

Here are some plans for future posts in case your interested…

Pics from the lakes

My new love of Avocados

My new love of yogurt and fruit parfaits

Oh and I leave you with a fun although sad fact from my friend Lisa…

You have to walk the length of a football field to burn off 1 M&M ( that’s the plain 1 and not peanut).

My question is Who eats just 1?

Suz

3 comments:

  1. Suz -

    Your weekend sounds like most of my weekends. Why are the week days so much easier? Hope you stay in that little red radio flyer today. :) I too will confess that I gained a couple pounds at the lake and have been fighting to get them off since.

    I am so excited about your list of future posts as I love pics, love avocados and love fruit and yogurt parfaits. :)

    Love ya,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be mean to say "FINALLY!" ???? Nothin' but love from me. EVERYDAY I've checked to see if you have posted. I was losing faith I would ever hear from you again. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I like the radio flyer analogy very much. Tyger's pizza is good and was voted best in FW in a recent contest. Lucky thing about the pizza is it is super thin crust so you save a whole bunch of calories right there. Also, I always suggest to my events that people double the veggies and single the meat. Don't forget, the sauce is an awesome source of licopene (antioxidant that prevents cancer). Not intended to give you an air bag outside of the wagon, but it is to remind you there are way worse things you could have chosen (cake, donuts, pies - none of which have any nutritional value). OHHHH WELCOME BACK TO BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!
    p.s. I left the list of calories and exercise to burn it off for JT at Curves. Enjoy - NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... Susie, only 2 comments so far after everyone has been waiting and waiting for you to be back??...I just want you to know that ANYONE who has EVER struggled with weight knows exactly how you are feeling...welcome back:) Jan

    ReplyDelete