Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Parfaits

 

Yogurt and fruit parfaits, Another new love!

I was going to post this a couple of days ago but I thought that I would wait and post with a picture.

Well it turns out every time  I make one I am just to impatient to eat it.

I think about taking a pic but in the end my mouth wins out And I eat it before I can even find the camera.

Pathetic, I know, but true

I have been making peach parfaits lately because I have a bushel of peaches.

They are delicious!

First you start with your yogurt…

My favorite is Light and Fit by Dannon vanilla flavor. ) fat 110 calories per 1 cup serving. ( no fiber (2 pts)

I buy it in the 32 ounce container.

I also like the Fiber 1 vanilla yogurt. The individual containers are 0 points ( They are loaded with Fiber) I believe 1 container is just 1/2 cup though.

From there you add fresh fruit. At the lakes we added, strawberries, blueberries and bananas.

Here at home I have been adding peaches and raspberries because that is what I have. So Delicious!

Then I top it with my Fiber 1 original cereal.(no pts in 1/2 cup)

So if you use both Fiber 1 cereal and Yogurt all you have to count is the fruit unless you use 2 containers of the yogurt. Which I have been known to do.

If you really want to treat yourself you can top it with some granola.

My favorite at this point is the Cascadian Farms all natural granola. I love it. It is not cheap in the points dept so use it sparingly unless you have plenty of points to use.

I sometimes use a spoonful and then also add my fiber 1 cereal.

Good news you can go and print a $1.00 of coupon here.  ( Small Planet foods)  On my computer it was on page 10. I believe it will let you go back and print it twice.

On a side note you can also print 2 Morton salt coupons if anyone doesn’t want theirs I would love them!

Getting off the subject a little you can go to my sidebar and click on Janelle. She always has a ton of coupon tips.

Okay if you are not a yogurt fan I still urge you to try this.

I was not a yogurt fan!

I only ate raspberry, peach and maybe blueberry.

I had never even tried vanilla.

I did like to buy the plain Fat Free for smoothies.

 

But yogurt was never on the top of my food list 

Then just one parfait and I was hooked.

They are filling, delicious and oh so good for you.

I feel like I am strengthening my bones and making such good adult food decisions every time I eat one!

I feel so mature, responsible and even healthy! :)

While my mouth is just so excited to be eating dessert anytime of the day!

It is a Win, Win!

My kids love them too!

Although I must add it gets a little old making 3 or 4 every time I eat one.

But today everyone is either at school or work so….

you guessed it, I am off to make me a delicious peach parfait in the middle of the day!

I should probably take a picture but lets be real it probably won’t happen all this typing has made me hungry!

Oh and if anyone cares to know…

My finger is healing nicely. I super glued it shut and now it looks great!

Have a great Day!

SUZ

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you. Parfaits- YUM!!!! I was introduced to the whole vanilla yogurt and fruit deliciousness at work a couple of years ago - life changing! I have a group of co-workers who are very healthy. They invited me to join them for a "carry-in" for one of their birthdays. I was like, sure what do I bring - I was told blueberries. I was like - WHAT! Who brings blueberries to a carry in, but I did as instructed. Each person brought in a different fruit (we used frozen since it was in the winter), one person brought the big tub of vanilla fat free yogurt, one brought the cereal, and one brought the cute parfait plastic cups - everything tastes better in cute cups :) Delicious. So . . I've learned that Sam's club has a triple fruit blend that is frozen and is a HUGE bargin. It tastes very good especially when fresh isn't cheap or available. Thanks for sharing the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE parfaits! We also love avacados (your last post) and I am sorry to hear about your finger. You super-glued it?! Crazy! Thanks for all the tips! :) Jane

    ReplyDelete