Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Another post from me with no clever title.

 

I wonder how long I can keep naming my posts like this?

Now some of you probably aren’t super enthused at rhubarb but if you have some growing and don’t what to do with it here are some really good snacks ( or desserts ) that won’t cost you a lot of WW points.

I had pretty much written off rhubarb because of all the sugar I had to add to make it sweet enough to eat then my Mom whipped up these recipes in what I like to call her “test kitchen” and they are great! She is amazing and loves to try recipes with a WW makeover twist. These were a definite success! Thanks MOM!S5030627

RHUBARB SAUCE

15 cups diced rhubarb

3 cups splenda

Leave stand overnight in refrigerator

Next day add 1 cup water

Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.

Remove from burner and stir in two 3 oz sugar free strawberry jellos.

0 points

Now I had just a small amount of cool whip free to this and call it 1 pt. ( I know I add cool whip free to everything)

For you money savers out there Cool whip is back at a $1 this week at Kroger, Scotts and Walmart and to make it even cheaper go to couponmom.com and print the $1 off on 2 coupon. There are a lot of great coupons at this site. A friend just told me about it yesterday and I was excited to find coupons for things I buy all the time!

S5030626

RHUBARB STRAWBERRY FLUFF

2 cups diced rhubarb

2 cups water

1 small cook and serve sugar free/fat free Vanilla pudding mix

Mix well and bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes until rhubarb is tender

Remove from burner and stir in one 3 oz sugar free strawberry jello

Let cool and stir in

½ container of FF Cool Whip and mix well

Pour this over 3 cups of Sliced strawberries or mix together.

(This will fill 6 one cup containers)

4 points for the whole recipe.

Not even a pt for 1 serving.

Oh and here are the little trouble makers that I just can’t resist…

S5030651

Thing is you can have 17 of these for just 2 points.

That is not a bad snack.

TOO BAD I CAN’T STOP AT 17!!!

I am getting tired of calling these supper. :)

2 comments:

  1. We love Rhubarb and have tons of it so I am always looking for new recipes-thanks for the tips! :)Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie just told me she has a bunch of rhubarb she doesn't know what to do with! Perfect timing for the post.

    ReplyDelete