Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Confession

 

I’ve been bad!

How’s that for a grabber?

This week I didn’t exercise for 3 days in a row.

This is bad for me

Everyday I missed exercise made it easier to miss the next.

I had excuses…

It was raining

I had plans later and didn’t want to sweat and reshower

too tired

too cold

not in the mood for Leslie (Sansone)

not in the mood for the treadmill

I feel sick ( I really do have a cold, Yuck! I mean how can I go all winter and get a cold now, oops off track!)

One day won’t hurt

And truly one day won’t hurt

but it is the day day after and the day after I was getting concerned about.

So Saturday I took my faithful walking partner (my dog aptly named Buddy) and we walked for 40 minutes. Breaking the non-exercise streak!

Then yesterday I knew I would be at my sister’s house and we would walk after dinner and guess what it rained so no walk.

Today I am still sick and unmotivated so what do I do? I blog. I guess you could say I am letting my fingers do the walking.

Seriously I plan on doing something, I am just waiting for it to warm up a little.

Or maybe someone will call and want to walk with me.

But if nothing else I let you all know and now I am accountable.

Oh and by the way I haven’t weighed in awhile so I did that today too.

Stayed the same (WHEW!)

But still what am I thinking?

I just sold all my favorite fat clothes, there is no going back.

For any of you who think I have it all under control all the time you now know I don’t!

That’s okay with me, confession is good for the soul ( and the mind and the body)

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susy: you are still GREAT!! we are allowed to mess up now and then just like
    i did today. came home to find not only my mail in the box but a big chocolate candy bar.
    guess what?? within 10 minutes, i had the whole thing eaten! Was it worth it? yea,
    when i was eating it, but now..man oh man
    why did i do that? tomorrow is a brand new
    day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie--It is definately easier to excercise if you do it almost everyday. Once you miss a day it is so easy to miss the next day. Which Leslie video are you using now and which one is you favorite? Sounds like a new post to me. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRRiinnnggggg BBBBRRRRRiiiiinnnnngngggggg (that's me calling) - hey Susie, please walk with me. I'm incredibly proud of you for breaking the easy to stay in cycle of "not today, or tomorrow, or the next day." I've been on that ferris wheel so often - I've just not always been soooo good at getting off - one day leads to one month and so on. You are amazing! I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to read your blog and learn from you. Thank you for all of your sharing.

    ReplyDelete