Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The post I could not come up with a clever name for!

 

I know, I know!

It has been awhile.

Excuse #1 We are finally in the field planting

Excuse #2 I have been busy subbing

While these are both very valid excuses it really boils down to The…

Truth: I am a lazy procrastinating blogger ( Ouch!)

Let it not be said that I am not truthful!

Quick update from my last blog…

I had some commentors so real quick let me answer their questions…

To anonymous,

No, you do not need a treadmill to walk with the Leslie dvds. You actually walk or kinda march in place in front of your TV. I even have a friend that has worked out with these Dvds in a hotel room.

To Jessica,

Yes you can get these Dvds at the library and at no charge! Yeah!

To Lisa,

I love your stories keep’em coming. I would love to Dump some Plump!

To Lora and Julie, Love your comments!

And Finally to Kris,

You are the motivation behind this post today! :)

Okay so now you wonder how I have been doing right?

For about a week not so good.

I didn’t exercise for like 4 or 5 days straight, I had an affair with Krogers waffle pretzels and basically didn’t write anything down.

Good news though, I discovered I am really still pretty good even when I am bad.

I have discovered that I am a food addict.

No, no one told me it is just something I have been thinking about a lot in my spare time.

Normal addicts can quit there addiction completely.

You don’t need to smoke, or drink alcohol so you can just get them out of your life because you simply don’t need them to live.

Unfortunately for a food addict you have to eat.

You need food to live!

So you have to battle your desire for more, more, more, while you are eating.

Some foods are harder to stop eating (AKA waffle pretzels) ( Hey at least they are baked and low fat)

You just want to keep eating them and eating them.
Plus they are fun to eat! row by row

I told you I am addicted to them and this week they are only $1.00 a bag.

Okay i know I had a point to all this…

Oh yeah, basically I am scared to fall off that proverbial wagon of eating.

I don’t trust myself, Maybe I never truly will, Maybe that is good.

What I realized is that even when I was bad last week I still ate good. Healthy and not crazy out of control.

This gives me hope, and yeah a little bit of confidence.

I am back to daily exercise, mostly walking outside.

And it is so much more fun to walk with a friend or a sister. The time goes so fast when I can run my mouth along with my feet.

If you have been discouraged with your weight or your eating, or your exercise this month don’t panic, get back on track now, go weigh, make yourself some healthy snacks, pray for grace and guidance you aren’t alone.

Read this blog :)

Just today I found two quotes that I think are very fitting…

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin ( I will say fit because I am not thin) Feels!”

“Heredity loads the gun and lifestyles pull the trigger”

Well that’s really all for today.

Hopefully in the very near future I will post some new rhubarb recipes… Rhubarb Strawberry fluff and Rhubarb sauce. My mom has been busy in her test kitchen! :)

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Susie - welcome back to your blog. I missed you so much. I checked everyday. It's always wonderful to read your life's lessons. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie--You are back!! I've missed you!! Congrats on the subbing!! Thanks for encouraging us! Have a great weekend!! julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, don't feel guilty, life is busy. I learned that this week since I was subbing all week and now have a day at home to catch up (hopefully!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie- great to hear from you again! I too have been a food addict over the years but I converted to being a health nut addict. I know I drive my family nuts with all my advice, however, I still can fall off that wagon occasionally, but like you, it is overeating the semi-healthy stuff...anyway, thanks for your encouragement:)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suz - thanks for a new post! I love that you had an affair with pretzels. Happens to me quite regularly. I blame the pretzel jar my mom always kept fully stocked that got me addicted on this comfort food.

    So, I'm wondering how I inspired this post. It is either 1 of 2 options...
    1. I asked you to post
    2. you are referencing one of my many addictions:
    - chapstick (oh how i love it)
    - diet coke (how would i survive w/o it?)
    - food in MANY forms :)

    I like that you point out that food addiction is not something you can quit cold turkey. You have to have it, so you have to develop self-control which I'm really bad at. hmmm... do they have "Foodaholics Anonymous" groups? "Hello, my name is Kristen, and I'm a food addict."

    Ok, this post is now super long. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Bring on mom's rhubarb recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete