Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Diet Busters

 

Wow!

It has almost been a week since my last post.

Did you miss me? Ha!

I was very blessed to be able to sub every day this week.

Even though it was ISTEP week.

So I am sure that I along with numerous teachers and ISTEP takers are glad this week is behind us.

After a very trying weekend last weekend of trying to be good and not cheat when surrounded by all sorts of delicious food I decided to buckle down this week and get back on track!

So this little song about sums it up….

My favorite diet busters from the weekend!

(Sung to the tune My Favorite Things)

Pizza and Ham loaves, potato casserole and Flattop.

Carmel corn and chocolate, and lets not forget cheesecake.

Ice cream from DQ,  and pretzels galore these are the things that I need to ignore.

When the urge strikes, when I need bites, I must not relent.

They stay on my hips and my arms and my thighs

and are not easy to disguise!

I must workout, I must snack less, I must not give up.

My swimsuit is waiting, warm weather is near, It’s time to re-motivate myself this year!

I know very cheesy and not exactly perfect with the tune but I guess that is just who I am…

Cheesy and not perfect!

Which is why I find that I must constantly start each day with the attitude I will do better and I will stay on track and this week I did (Long week)  :)

Now if I can just get through another diet busting weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the song, it was great. That was one of the only songs I could play on the piano when I was young, so it is imbedded in me, I still like it to this day. Weekends are the worst, glad to hear you made it through. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When does this new single come out? I should download that on my MP3. Love the song maybe you missed your calling!! Oh yea I did miss you this week!! Have a great weekend!
    julie l ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie - great song - I loved it..and I too missed you this week:)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little song there, Susie!!! Hilarious...and so true!

    Good luck this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, great song! i definitely had a "diet buster" weekend last weekend. But, that motivated me to get temporarily back on track. :) Until the weekend strikes again. Someone invited me to come have legendary chocolate lava cake with them on saturday. will i have willpower to say no? i want to say yes, but I already feel myself waivering. :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete