Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to Reality!

 

This is actually the third time today I have tried to post.

Sad Huh?

I started out whining about how coming back to reality after vacation is no fun.

Then I realized I should just be thankful I got to take a vacation.

So of course I had to scrap that draft.

Then I tried to write about how good I did in Florida eating and exercising.

That just sounded down right braggy.

So I have decided to just give a few highlights of my week.

1. I rollerbladed for the first time in my life. If I had a bucket list this would definitely be on it.

I don’t think this is bragging since it actually was very humbling (no I didn’t fall) But I did make my 17 year old daughter hold my hand and pull me up the small incline ramps to get on the sidewalk.

Thanks Tiff you were a great sport!

I loved it and hope to someday buy my own rollerblades that actually fit. Unfortunately no one took a pic :)

2. I played numerous rounds of Putt Putt at the free course at our resort. Great family time!

S5030448

S5030426

S5030450 

Interesting approach to golfing!

S5030430

3.Spent quality time with my Hubby!

S5030458

 

4. Hung around the pool with friends

 

S5030453 S5030396

 

S5030452

5. I also tried riding a scooter. ( no pics of me)

S5030388

6. I took numerous bike rides and walks.

( Again no pic. I did really bad on taking pics this year )

7. Enjoyed the flowers and greenery of the sunny South.

Hey! actually I did walk and ride bikes by this about every day!

S5030420

Now I am back in Indiana and even with the cold and reality of everyday life; School, work, and bills…

There is still no place like home!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Home Susie--looks like you had a great time. Sorry the IN is so bad you did miss some really nice days while you were gone, hopefully they will return quickly. Glad you had a nice trip--you were missed. Have a great week. julie l :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun pictures!

    Welcome home!

    I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! I missed you and your posts. Glad you had a great trip, looks like lots of fun. See you at Easter!
    When are you going to Texas?

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the word used was "gloat".

    Just thought I'd remind you.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time. I just have to think about how different this vacation had to have been compared to a few years ago. You are awesome! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you had such a great time! love seeing your pictures!! Since you have a shortage (of pictures) I could share some with you, but then that wouldn't be quite the same would it!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete