Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Light Bulb Moments

 

Thanks Lisa for all the questions!

Now I have material for at least another 5 or 6 posts!

I just had a light bulb moment tonight…

that is when something just dawns on me and usually amazes me.

It is probably really obvious to others but I must be thickheaded so it seems like such a revelation to me.

Tonight was nothing huge but it has happened to me a couple of times in the last few weeks...

All of the sudden I realize that I am satisfied, I am not hungry, I am not too full, I am just simply satisfied.

I realize that Hey, I can go to bed without that last snack, I don’t need, I really don’t want it.

I mean it usually saddens me when I realize I am almost out of points and can’t have another thing to eat.Usually this just makes me want to eat something.

But then I have these moments when I realize I don’t need to eat and it is really Okay!

This simply amazes me and for a moment I feel “normal” like this is probably how skinny people feel all the time.

But it is still new and foreign to me but I definitely welcome it! :)

I guess another light bulb moment was when I was sitting at a teachers desk in school and had a class and all of the sudden I felt a few chest pains.

I remember thinking (praying) Please Lord don’t let me die here at school. My kids will be so traumatized!

It probably was just heartburn as I am still here, but it did make me think.

But no that wasn’t what finally did it for me.

It was when I knew Tiff was following me down the overweight road and she was ready to change.

What kind of mother would I be if I wasn’t willing to give it a try too. I had nothing to lose!

Nothing but a whole bunch of weight at least!!!!

Then there was the light bulb moment that I was really losing and maybe just maybe I could really do this!

Next there was the light bulb moment that I wasn’t on a diet anymore and this was a new way of life.

I could never eat a whole pizza by myself again.

( I mean it’s not that I couldn’t I just can’t)

I can never allow myself to ignore my weight even when its going in the wrong direction I still have to face the scale and deal with it even though my personality just would like to pretend everything is fine.

Those are probably the light bulb moments I would rather ignore because sometimes it just doesn’t seem fair!

What light bulb moments have you had?

Suz

*Please Note* My friend Julie came through her surgery with flying colors! Please keep her in your prayers as she has some long weeks of recovery and healing ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post!! That's exactly what I was hoping you would talk about it. Thanks so much for sharing your personal journey. You said so many powerful things in this post - I'm going to print it and tape it to my wall. Although it's simply put - it's meaning is power - I couldn't eat the whole pizza anymore - rather, I can't allow myself to do it. What a dramatic shift in thinking!!!
    I have had several light bulb moments - the one that was sort of the kick off the cliff was one day I went to Wal-Mart to get my hair cut. I was wearing those pants like the NBA players wear that have the snaps on the sides. I went to sit in the hair salon chair but my hips were so big that my pants got unsnapped on both sides by the arm rests of the chair.
    I think I'm attention deficit because I have such experiences and get on the band wagon, but I apparently have a balance problem because I constantly fall off the wagon.
    If you talk to Julie - tell her I love her, miss her, and wish her the very best!!!!

    ReplyDelete