Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On Slacking

First of all Lisa I just read your 4th comment on my last post and it really cracked me up! You have motivated me out of my slacking!! So for you here is something inspirational…

A few diet quotes although I am not sure if they are truly inspirational or just funny!

 NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS.

OBESITY IS A WIDENING PROBLEM.

Bad diet advice: DO WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT.
LET'S SEE, I'M GOOD AT COOKING. I'M GOOD AT EATING.

I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me!

I'm allergic to food.  Every time I eat it breaks out into fat. 

Rich, fatty foods are like destiny:  they too, shape our ends. 

The Cardiologist's Diet:  If it tastes good, spit it out.

I have gained and lost the same ten pounds so many times over and over again my cellulite must have déjà vu.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. 

To lengthen your life, shorten your meals. 

If you really want to be depressed, weigh yourself in grams.

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

One should eat to live, not live to eat

****Please do not take any of the DIET HUMOR personally. If you do, then you need to LIGHTEN UP! (Get it?)

I have turned into a blog procrastinator!

I still go on and read up on everyone but I have gotten lazy at posting and commenting.

I think I have it figured out though…

I believe that by nature I am a slacker.

Not in all things but definitely in certain areas of my life.

So when I am really doing good blogging there is probably some area of my life that I have been slacking in.

Usually my house and Laundry!!!

Guess what!

My house is clean and my wash caught up!

So regrettably something had to suffer and it was my blog!

Let me catch you up on me… ( that sounds really self-centered doesn’t it)

My leg for the most part is healed.

The ugly bruise is gone.

I am starting to exercise again.

Or should I say I am forcing myself to exercise.

After not being able to, it is so hard to get back in the groove.

Today I plan on a workout of some kind!

Probably a Leslie Walk.

Today is our second snow day!

I love snow days!!

Although I was supposed to sub today and that makes me sad.

I am still combating my sweet tooth.

Normally I don’t crave sweets but last weekend we served lunch at our church…this involved 57 dozen doughnuts, and 18 different kind of homemade baked goods. Plus 55 lbs of ham and 52 lbs of cheese. I have a pic but I can’t get it off my memory card. Anyways even though I didn’t go wild and fall off the wagon completely. I did allow myself tastes… ( Okay lots of tastes) tastes on Saturday, tastes on Sunday, tastes on Monday. Yesterday I believe I only had 1 bite of cookie.

It is weird how once it is in my system I crave it.

If I don’t eat it I am Okay.

It even gives me a gut ache yet I still crave it!

I Have also been craving guacamole. Our local discount grocery was selling it in individual packets.

At least this is good for me.

My highlight for the day week year is I actually won something!!! On Tara’s blog  I won one of her beautiful winter prints!! I am so excited!!!

This is the one I picked…

image

Good news…I believe she sells them so you too can have one if you want one.

I think I will hang it in my newly redone bathroom!

It is a shame she didn’t have one about overflowing love, or flooding peace. :)

( Just kidding I love this one and it was really hard to pick just one out her neat selection!)

Up until last weekend I was doing great on my eating and had lost 8 pounds!

I haven’t weighed since last Friday and am feeling slightly anxious about it. Today I plan on doing great on my eating and working out… so tomorrow may be weigh in day…. or maybe Friday! :)

Nope I don’t procrastinate…Not ME!

Suz

2 comments:

  1. I have been a slacker recently as well and you have inspired me not slack this time and comment! :)

    I heard once that eating refined sugars and starchy things makes you crave more junk food. That's why you're never really "too full" to eat anything else over the entire holiday season. Don't ask me the chemical reason for that because I don't remember...but there is one! haha!

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2-4-6-8 Who thinks Susie is GREAT?!?! I do I do - Yeah, Susie!!! 2 1/2 million thank you's for rejoining the blooging world. I was about to send out search & rescue for you. I'll retell all of your new fans that you no longer have a toilet front and center on your blog. :) Glad you laughed - I was worried, I might have offended you.
    Congrats on losing 8 pounds - WOW!!!! You go girl!!!!! Happy to hear your leg is better!!!! Super job on winning the picture. I saw the contest and found all the pictures just stunning (sooo much talent!).
    Glad your back to blogging - missed you dearly!

    ReplyDelete