Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Extra time!

Do you ever feel like Life is too busy?

Do your days fly and your evenings go even faster?

Why is it days in my 20’s and 30’s seemed longer?

Was it because I was surrounded by young children who needed me ALL the time?

Today I subbed, came home, did a few dishes, threw another load in the dryer and washer, Made beef stew with leftover roast, talked to my 3 teenagers about school and now I have about an hour till the big guy gets home and we leave for Tiff’s final sectional game about 45 minutes away.

This is the 3rd time in 5 days we have headed there for a game. Oh and I also have to call Pizza Hut to make sure they have the order for the after the game meal.

Please note this is just part of my day.

Don’t get me wrong I love my life (most days) but it just seems to be flying by.

Yesterday I sat with my husband at a wedding and we were sitting behind the sweetest family, Dad, Mom, 2 little girls and the sweetest baby boy ever.

It seems like just a few years ago that was us.

Toy bags, and snacks, pluggies (pacifiers) and blankies.

Always thankful to make it through a service without having to go out.

Yesterday, My 21 year old passed me the gum.

Where is this post going?

Actually I am not really sure I just had a few extra minutes and I knew that if I took a quick nap It would ruin my sleep tonight,

If I stayed in the main room I would snack on something and I already am getting too close to having used all my points up for the day.

So I thought I would just sit here and type what came to my mind.

A bunch of ramblings that probably don’t make a lot of sense.

But as I type I am smiling thinking about the good old days when I thought about how my babies would look all grown up, what they would be like, and what I would do with all my extra time…

My question is ….

Where is the extra time?

Well I have got to go son #3 just came through the door and I hear him asking where I am?

Not sure if he wants me or just wants to avoid me? HA!

I am sure someday I will have extra time…

….and I probably won’t know what to do with it.

5 comments:

  1. And they say the modern conveniences are suppose to help us get our things done more quickly - yeah, right! Despite being bogged down with things to do - do enjoy the beauty God has placed in your life and all around! Glad to read your blog! Thankful you're my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much described my life these days too! Although with wrestling now done and swimming done this week- I may actually have to come home at night and cook once in a while!! And yes- it doesn't seem like that long ago that my kids were that little and cute too... where did the years go?! Just think- before too long we can chat at those exciting track meets too!!!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Susie. I love to see the young families, but at the same time am glad it's them and not ME! Sports take so much time because we feel that we have to support our kids.( which is okay)

    So ya, Paul's not kidding when he says that life is a vapor. Enjoy it, every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always impressed by how much moms are able to accomplish in a day! I must say I'm very impressed by your list of the day.

    I really loved this post for some reason. You've raised such a great family. You must have done something right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it from a 67 year old! You'll have extra time in your life in the future--after weddings, grandkids, parents, retirement--but it will come!
    But, enjoy every minute of every day--even when you do have time to just sit and watch the snow fall. There IS beauty all around when there's love at home! Really enjoy your and other "young people's" blogs!
    Mary K.

    ReplyDelete