Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I’m dreaming of a warm Christmas!!

 

This year over Christmas break we are doing something we have never done…

No Christmas Tree!

No presents!

No Stockings!

Just family!

Do I sound like Scrooge?

When we asked our kids what they wanted for Christmas no one had a definite idea of what they needed or even really wanted from us.

Somewhere the idea came that we should head to Florida for a family vacation since it is getting harder and harder to find a time that works for us all.

image

The college boys have different Spring breaks than the AC kids. Plus Tiff is going on a work team this year to Mexico.

Life is changing around here!

I have to say I am excited to spend quality time with my family… and my Mom. Yep were packing up Grandma and taking her along too!

Some of us are flying, some are driving.

So Christmas shopping was pretty easy this year… just a few exchange gifts.

I have to admit getting the house back together without worrying about Christmas on top of it all has been a gift to me!

Actually on Christmas day itself we will all be traveling home.

I have this idealistic view of how great it is going to be just getting away from it all with my favorite people in the whole world.

I will have to hold onto that when I am about to lose my mind getting everything packed up on Thursday and keep reminding myself who those favorites are as they are the source of my nuttiness!! HA

So you may not hear from me for a few days!

Nothing new!

I hope you all have a great Christmas!

I can’t help but notice the palm trees :)

Maybe Christmas was meant to be warm!!

image

JESUS is the reason for the season!

Susie

6 comments:

  1. Great idea Susie--Hope all of you, plus Grandma have a very blessed Christmas. Enjoy your time in the sun. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just what you deserve after the house fiasco. Have a safe trip and cherish every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are going to have so much fun!!! I'm really excited for you and hope you have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie,
    I hope you are enjoying warm goodness! I was at Target today and came across a weight watchers cookbook (actually, there were several different books). I resisted buying them thinking I could find it online cheaper - holy cow -there are so many different WW cookbooks on Amazon. I was wondering if you have used a WW cookbook during your journey? If so, what is the name? Has it helped? Would you recommend it? Just curious. I'm hoping to really RE-focus my efforts 1-1-10 (I've sure fallen off the wagon sooooo far this holiday season with homemade treats. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very much a rookie, but I've created 2 blogs - one on losing weight "my story chapter 2" and one giving reviews of ft.wayne restaurants "3 Elles". It would make me so happy if you would check them out (come back a couple of times as I learn how to be a "blogger" - I welcome any help/advice you would be willing to share)

    http://mystorychapter2.blogspot.com/

    http://mystorychapter2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://3elles.blogspot.com/

    sorry - that was the second site

    ReplyDelete