Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Say Cheese!

 

I was cleaning out my office cupboards the other day when I came upon some forgotten pictures.

Some pics that I still would like to forget!!!

One was of me in a swimsuit in a Kayak at the lakes, 2001ish.

I not sure who took it…. I am guessing my sis.

Usually I ran ( okay vehemently objected to having my picture taken ) I always said that pictures added 100 pounds to you. HA

This also explains why I have so few of pictures of myself.

But obviously when one is precariously perched in a kayak you are sort of trapped.

So what do you do?

You pose and try to look thinner.

This never really works for me.

Well anyways as I look at this pic it brought back lots of memories of that day.

1. me trying to get in that Kayak

2. me trying to balance that Kayak ( not an easy feat when you weigh in over 300lbs) Talk about tipsy

3. me knowing I had just been had  by having a pic taken of me in……you got it……. my swimsuit.

4. me enjoying some semblance of normalcy as I paddled along trying to ignore my arms and legs cramping up, trying to situate the paddle, trying not to tip over because I knew that there was no way I would ever be able to get back in myself.

5. Me actually getting out of the Kayak. I really am not sure how I did get out! I think it was a roll over!

Okay back to the pic!

I can look at it now and shockingly it really doesn’t bug me. It used to bug me but I am Okay with it now.

I look at in fascination… I look at it in fond remembrance…

She looks happy, She was Happy, She was really fat but she was me and I was happy!

Sometimes I worry that I wasted some of my life by being so fat. But when I look at this pic and I remember, truly remember it isn’t just all the effort normal things like a Kayak ride took.

I remember the fun I had too.

I remember the good times too and I am amazed at what I would try even being 300 plus pounds.

And that makes me smile!

I refuse to be ashamed or embarrassed I was me even then that hasn’t changed!

I am really not sure what the point of this post is.

It is just a post with lots of ramblings of the thoughts that are going through my head just now.

I am going to keep this pic ( unlike the many that got ripped up as soon as I saw them years ago )

It is good to remember and for some reason I have a hankering for a kayak ride just now!

I bet I would enjoy it more this time!

I bet I would still object to having my pic taken.

I bet my Sis would still take it.

I bet I would pose and try to look thin.

I bet I would still look happy!

I bet in 10 years from now I would still look at it in fond fascination!

Oh and here is me in the Kayak….

Slightly cropped…

You didn’t really think I would post full body pic of me in a swimsuit did you…

But besides from having no neck, a bad hair day, and HUGE sunglasses, I was happy!

But trying to look thin just wasn’t happening!

susie in Kayak

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow Susie! I was looking forward to seeing the whole picture to see how really, really far you have come because that picture does not look like you at all. The great thing is, like you said, that you have always been happy and had fun then too. Great job on living life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Susie!!!! You have changed so much on the outside; however, your smile has always been there!!! You not only deserve much praise for your weight loss!!! But you are also cleaning out cupboards!! Way to go!! Keep up all that hard work. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so proud of you Susie! How does it feel? Huh? Feels good, don't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-Congratulations on your tremendous accomplishment. You've come SOOOOOOOOOO far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie - great post! You always have had fun and a zeal for life, no matter what. :)

    I was glad to see a new post - I've missed you!

    Oh, and I'm TOTALLY confident your sister would still take the picture! ;)

    Love ya,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete