Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Changes, Changes , Changes

 

Wow! It has been a long time since I last blogged.

So many things in my life have changed since then.

Kids are back in college…

All crops are harvested…

my blog background…

But the biggest one for me is that I got a full time job!

For the last 10 years I have been subbing at the school my kids attend.

Also the school Tim and I both attended and graduated from.

A school I love and am very partial too! :)

It is a K-12 school all in the same building.

I have always loved subbing and being apart of this wonderful school system. I have subbed all over the school.

But for the last 2 years I felt that I should be doing something more permanent and with more hours.

It just made me so sad to think of not working at the school because I really enjoy it.

So when the high school secretary decided to retire I was hired to sub in that position till they hired a new secretary.

That’s when I discovered I loved the position of High School Secretary.

So I applied and long story short I was offered the job.

I accepted and I LOVE IT!!!

I have the same schedule  as my kids who are still in school, all my weekends, holidays,  and most of the summer off.

I really enjoy the people I work with and I still get to see the kids.

I feel very blessed to find a job that fits into my life so perfectly.

I am learning to be more scheduled at home. Planning meals ahead of time, throwing clothes in the washer and dryer right before bed then again first thing in the morning. picking up as I go…. the list goes on.

I just haven’t figured out how to fit in blogging yet. I still have time to quick read a few but it is hard to find time to post. 

After today I am going to try to just post quick little posts to see how that works out.

We are on our fall break so I have a 4 day weekend!! WOOO HOOO!

(It’s funny though, I am looking forward to heading back to work on Monday.  (Who knew)

So I thought if I am going to blog it has got to be now!!

Oh and for your viewing enjoyment the dreaded school picture…

Yuck!!

susie school pic 2010

Oh well guess it will keep me humble!!!

So there you have it… an update!!

More to follow….. no promises when :)

Have a great day!

Suz

3 comments:

  1. Klint and I were reading this post together and just started laughing when we saw that you got the secretary job. This is PERFECT for you! I would love to have had you as my secretary in High School. Perfect fit, for sure!

    Good luck and welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo HOOO Susie! Congratulations!! God is GOOD!!!! I'm thrilled you have found a perfect job and you are loving it. I have so missed your blog so I hope you can find time to keep sharing your life with us.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Susie, AC is SO lucky to have you in the office! Congrats and I'm really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete