Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Apologies

 

It has been awhile!

So Sorry!

Not sure where to begin…

I’ll start with Tiffani

It has been a big month for her.

She graduated from High School

Created 3 movies…. 1 for her class awards day (95 DVD copies had to be burned)

…..1 for her Mexico Reunion only 14 burnt copies

…..1 for her own grad party

Had her grad party on June 4th

Senior Award nights for scholarships.

a Track award night

a baccalaureate night

She finished the yearbook ( Editor)

She surrendered her heart to Jesus ( My absolute favorite event this past month)

She spent 2 days at college….

1 morning taking placement tests

and 1 really long day registering for classes

And Monday she had her wisdom teeth out.

Okay so that’s Tif

My computers have been working overtime.

So much that my main one had to be sent to the shop.

It left me with very limited internet.

Now for me…

I subbed almost daily this past May. I finished out a US History Class the last 3 days of school and the 1st 3 days of June

I planned and prepared for Tif’s party on the 4th ( With a bunch of help from friends and family, ESPECIALLY my Mom.) THANKS MOM!!

I led the 7th and 8th grade songs for 2 weeks in VBS. Again with help.

Thanks Alyssa!

Tyler graduated from VBS

We have attended 20 plus grad parties

Tadd came home from Purdue and started his Internship starting out 2 weeks in Ohio then 2 weeks in Indiana now he is in his 2nd week in Illinois, then he will go back to Ohio, then Indiana, then Albany, then St Louis and more…. He is usually home on the weekends and when he is home life around here is even more lively. He tries to pack as much as he can into every weekend.

We have trimmed bushes, weeded, sprayed round-up and mulched last week and I am headed out for more weeding yet today.

We are Farmers (enough said)

Okay I think you guys get the drift, Life has been really busy around here.

But I have a confession….

I usually do, don’t I?

I hadn’t stepped on the scale for more than a month and was scared too.

I know, I know, I am always preaching about not going into denial and facing the facts. But I am only human and let me tell you I was scared. You know the old saying Ignorance is Bliss. Well I was not feeling blissful maybe it was because I knew better.

Last Monday I finally took the plunge and forced myself to face facts.

I prepared myself for the worst….

I stepped on that nasty old scale…

It wasn’t great, but better than I expected

I hadn’t gained anything over the last month.

I still have that 25 pounds that has slowly creeped on over the last year and a half to get off.

I am thankful I haven’t gained anymore. It seems my body is comfortable here at this weight. Too bad I’m not!!

I have still been eating healthy and trying to mentally count points in my head but after 4:00 in the afternoon I was losing control.

All those graduation parties haven’t helped either.

So last Monday I went back to weighing and writing everything down and for the last week I have been back in control and weighing in. This week I am thrilled to report that I have lost 7 lbs. 18 more to go.

THEN WHO KNOWS!  A new Goal?

I have been walking a lot.

The local Curves in Bluffton have a summer program challenge…

100 miles in 100 days.

Today is day 67 and I need to walk.

I totaled up my miles thus far and have 129.25 miles almost a 2 mile daily average.

There is just something about writing it down that just pumps me up!!!!

I’ll try to be faithful with blogging this summer.

As soon as I get things squared away on my computer I’ll try to post some pictures from the last month.

I’ve missed this!

Have a GREAT day!

Susie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment