Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eat Fresh and Back on Track!

 

Oh it was a hard one writing all those names down and then drawing out of a bowl…

BUT FINALLY…

We have a winner….

LISA!!!

I hope this makes your day!

Your odds were the best since you advertised on your blog!

But lets face it everybody had pretty good odds at this contest.

Oh and Lori P. you did make it in, according to my clock your comment was left at 8:08 I must be an hour behind you!!

I believe I have learned something about contests this week….

I should maybe have them last longer than 2 days if I want more entries!

It was fun though and I already have an idea for another one.

Maybe when I meet my first goal weight loss.

So Lisa please contact me at susietonner@gmail.com and let me know where I can send your gift card!

Okay now I suppose you are wondering what I am talking about on this whole goal weight thing.

Over the last year some pounds have crept back on.

It probably started way back last spring when I just couldn’t make the scale go down anymore and I had hit a 6 month plateau.

I was okay with that as long as I didn’t gain.

Then I started weighing less. Like every 2-3 weeks and I was doing pretty good I mean a couple pounds up is really no big deal right?

Next thing I knew I was 10lbs up and that my friends is on a eating plan that was still low fat high fiber.

I have not went nuts and gorged myself, I haven’t went back to my old ways, I have still been making an effort to lose.

Then weighing became just to discouraging and I pretty much stopped weighing for a few months.

I am like that.

I didn’t want to know.

You see I am a person that likes to cope with problems by ignoring and avoiding.

Since my winter clothes are bulkier than my summer clothes this worked for awhile.

Then my jeans were getting down right painful to put on.

Over the holidays and vacation I made an effort but I slipped in a buckeye here and a cookie there.

A few M&M’s and pretzels here and a piece of peppermint Oreo ice cream dessert there. I mean after all I haven’t had  a whole piece of dessert in 3 years right?

Also when my house was completely torn up I had no place that was CONVIENT to exercise.

SO my friends I didn’t weigh for 2 months.

I didn’t want to know. If I don’t know there is no problem right?

WRONG!!!

I weighed and it wasn’t pretty! I have 20 pounds to take off before summer and I have to break out my unforgiving not so bulky clothes!!!!

The worst part about this whole thing is the fact That it snuck back on without me not watching.

Actually I was watching, I just was avoiding.

I was eating too late at night.

I was eating very healthy most of the time just too much (apparently)

I wasn’t writing down my food so I was missing things when I added everything up in my mind.

MATH has never been my strong area!

I quit weighing!!!

But Jeans don’t lie and either does my favorite zip and hook dress skirt and they told me it was time for change.

So here I am a week into my serious diet.

I am writing down my food and keeping track of my water intake. I am exercising almost daily. I am slightly injured right now so I may just be strength training or low impact for the next few days.

I am weighing 4-5 times a week maybe overkill but it is something I need to do right now.

I need to reacquaint myself with my scale again and we need to become friends!

I guess I am reevaluating and starting over!!

That’s Okay though.

I would rather start here than where I was 3 years ago.

Even though I am not good at math I did a little to show you how easy it is to gain 20 pounds in 6 months.

It takes 3,000 extra calories to gain 1 pound.

so 20 lbs translates into 60,000 extra calories!!

I must have really pigged out HUH!

Do the math divide it by 6 months roughly 180 days and you come up with 333 calories extra a day.

Okay so add in 190 calories for 2 T peanut butter,

1 medium banana 105 calories a couple of extra pretzels and your there.

Take away the extra 300 calories from working out and you messed your self over twice.

It doesn’t take much and you have gained a pound.

That is what ticks me off the most!!

I will never ever get to eat like I WANT to!!

And NO amount of complaining, bellyaching will change that!!

So here I go again!!

Since I want to lose those 60,000 calories in 3 to 4 months lets say 4 months (more realistic) so 120 days that is 500 calories a day I either have to eat less or burn daily then what I need. Plus I have obviously been eating extra calories like 300+ so I have to convince my body to let go of 800 calories a day that it has been getting for the last 6 months.

Let me just tell you neither my brain or body is very happy about this but I am almost a week into it and we are all adjusting and I believe I have gotten rid of at least 4,500 of those extra calories only 55,500 to go!! :) Who knows if this goes well maybe I can get rid of some more calories and finally beat that plateau!!!

SUZ

3 comments:

  1. Suz,

    It looks like you are pretty good at math! I hope your calorie adjustment goes well. You are an inspiration! I love the way that you taught yourself all of this information and can use it to help yourself and others. Has Mom had you listen to Dr. Anne? It was interesting, I would like to know what you thought of it, especially using the WW system.

    love,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look on the bright side of things, I just gained 10 lbs this month, and you only gained 20 lbs in 6 months:) Okay, I don't know what was good about that, but hey, you're not alone. I've been eating like a pig and can not stop. I could use a lot of your advice and inspiration. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie -
    I could hear your passionate "speech". I truly heard your desire to change and be the best you you can be!!! I know you can. You've come sooooo far. I just know you'll meet and pass your goals. Kudos to you for taking the step of weighing yourself - that's VERY hard to do especially when you know it's going to be up. Here's to lower weigh-ins.

    Thanks for choosing me. I eat at Subway almost everyday. LOVE IT!!!! I'll email you the info.

    May I just say that your "math" was shocking!!! You had done a post quite awhile ago about how many calories are needed to lose weight in a week versus what it takes to gain a pound in a month - I have often referred to that when I'm coaching. The math you shared in this posting is an even more dramatic picture of how easy it is to gain and how incredibly challenging it is to lose.

    Consider doing the wells weighs in program???? You could win $1000 cash-ola! Consider joining the Spring into Training program that starts on Tuesday, 2/9 at 5:30 - bring Julie and your other friends - how powerful it would be to have friends "walk" along with you on your journey. I'll be there for both programs!!!!!

    Keep up the good work - one work out at a time, one meal at a time. I KNOW you can do it.

    ReplyDelete