Our Family Pic October 2008

Our Family Pic October 2008
Still smiling!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day Whatever!!

 

I had a bad attitude today!

Shocking I know!

I am tired of living in a mess!

We are getting close to seeing the end and then a curve ball gets sent our way.

Things get pushed back…

Then I get frustrated and eat bad things!

It doesn’t help that I am surrounded by cake and cookies from the birthdays this weekend!

Before I know it I ate part of a piece of cake, some random icing, pretzels and a whole bag of popcorn!!

Not a proud moment folks!

But one I feel I should admit!!

I am a foodie, people.

I like to eat and I like to eat when I am stressed!

I think I am back under control… at least till I finish writing this post because I am too lazy to stop typing and go into the kitchen to get something to eat!

You know it isn’t just frustration that has got me.

It is the guilt that I feel when I let myself get frustrated.

My life and situation aren’t that bad, a few more days aren’t going to kill me. I have life so much nicer than so many others…

My house is warm, I have a bed, My family is healthy and happy, We have food.

So why do I get frustrated when things aren’t lining up the way I want them too!

And why do I eat when I get frustrated!!!

Why can’t I go out and jog five miles to GET OVER IT!!

More Guilt!

Why do I want more cake?

(Did I mention it is chocolate?)

Just thought you might want an update…

DAY 24! Yep I am still counting!

SUZ

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suz -
    I totally "heard" your frustration. One day at a time - get through today and tomorrow will take care of itself. I had a flood once in my home and lived in a hotel for 7 weeks (my dog stayed at the vet that entire time away from me). It was a real struggle, but the internal growth that came from it has been invaluable. You learn what is really important in life and what you just thought was really important but turns out not to be (you mentioned some of them in your post). One day at a time - you'll make it and come out the end a stronger person for it. God is still holding your hand (even, keeping it from reaching for the chocolate cake!). One day at a time . . .
    You're in my prayers - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Susie!!! Can't wait for the post that could be entitled "Back to where it belongs". Hope you have a really great day. julie :)

    ReplyDelete